Under Hood Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's hard to believe that 2000 LC's didn't come with a light under the hood. Even my 83 Volvo has a light under the hood and my wife's 98 Jimmy has a light that switches off automatically after the hood is raised for over 30 minutes. Do the newer LC's or LX's come with an under hood light? If so, where is it located and how is the wire routed?

I was suprised that there was no underhood light too. I just purchase a magnetic flood light from the auto parts store that connects to the battery directly. It sticks to the underside of the hood and I can move it to anywhere I need to see. And I can use it still while the battery terminals are disconnected. Still wish I had a factory lamp, but it does the job.

jahmaka said:
That's because Toyota brands and LC does not let you down on the side on the road and are more reliable. :D

I know that! I want the under hood light so when I give someone else a jump start at night, I can see to connect up the jumper cables.

jp213a said:
I know that! I want the under hood light so when I give someone else a jump start at night, I can see to connect up the jumper cables.

If you're getting it to be a good Samaritan, let them be one too and hold the damn flashlight for ya.

When I first got rid of the Chevy for a Toyota, I was mad that it did not have an underhood light. Now, 6 years later, I have not needed the underhood light one time. That makes me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom