ultragauge EM unboxing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks. that’s helpful to see. i’m fond of that little thing already.

so you unscrewed the obd, and basically dropped it behind the fuses? and the cord for the gauge drops down behind the dash somewhere and slips back behind the fuses so you can plug it in.

is the connector hanging in space or did you affix it somewhere? i guess some industrial velcro could work nicely here...
Nope, it's just hanging out back there.
There's very little slack on the OBD connector wires as they're bundled in with the rest of the fuse box wires. I think I dropped the fuse box to give me more room in there to reposition the connector.
In any case, it's not difficult. You're just moving things around a bit and plugging in the connector. The lower dash comes apart very easily on these trucks. Just like everything else on the interior.

Last edited:
thanks to @jonheld and all.
for the record i unscrewed the holder as suggested then undid the bolt at the corner here and forced the ultragauge conmector up between it and the fuse holder. connected it and stuffed it in there. the hung the holder from the window. at least it is a decent temporary solution and keeps wires out from around the steering wheel.

A9C8F807-84E9-492E-9770-82E585657B29.jpeg

690A69BA-CB83-4144-907E-1769FB8EF269.jpeg

ADD9FC34-AB2B-48A9-BAB2-2743977CA19D.jpeg

B43A74D5-666F-4092-8A03-78724589292D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom