Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is silly. Lol.

@beno I'm getting some conflicting information from two dealers.

From what I understand there are 10 Hood Insulators (53341-90A00) in the US, one says that they are NLA after the stock is depleted another says its still active.

Can you shed some light on that?

@beno I'm getting some conflicting information from two dealers.

From what I understand there are 10 Hood Insulators (53341-90A00) in the US, one says that they are NLA after the stock is depleted another says its still active.

Can you shed some light on that?
It doesn't matter if there are 10 in the U.S.. As long as it's a live part # (and it is), you can order it from any Toyota dealership. It might take a while to get it, but you will get it. This is something you actually want to pick up from a dealership, because shipping would cost a lot.

That is actually the first part I purchased from Onur (2015)! Price and shipping were very reasonable from what I remember. :) Shoot, now that I think about it, its still in the box. :doh:

@beno Ha, I get it. It's business for you. Wasn't sure if you were willing to divulge it.

@Racer65 Thanks for input. I suppose I was curious at what point is a part deemed NLA, once stock is depleted and no orders are made?

I've discussed this many times before. Toyota parts are manufactured based on a number of parameters:

1. How fast the part moves
2. How ubiquitous the part is or isn't (ie: does it fit every Toyota vehicle or is it for just Land Cruisers)
3. How old the part is in terms of it's applicability: ie: Corolla's are still being manufactured. But AE86 Corolla's are long gone thus the parts supply for them is getting thinner and thinner. This applies to our Land Cruisers as well. The last 60 was manufactured in 1987. The last 61/62 was 1989/1990.

The Toyota part system is based on a class coding system that follows:

A#-F#

A1 for example would be drain plug gaskets for oil pans: 90430-12031 These are fast moving parts that are utilized across a majority of Toyota vehicles thus there is constant supply and constant manufacturing of said part.

E5 is a rear diff for an 80 series. Not a very fast moving part and will be gone in short order.

F9 means the part is toast. It's gone and never coming back.

In the case of the hood insulators, they are a class C5. Sort of middle of the pack in terms of the classification system. My depot has 4 of these in stock. That means that in any given year there is a good chance that up to 4 of these could possibly sell.

Again, this is a bean counter/numbers game at Toyota. They don't care that there are 1000 enthusiasts that want the part. All they are looking at is the ROI in keeping a part in stock.

Toyota is only interested in making money. The quicker one gets that and accepts it, the better you end up being.

You want more parts to stay around? Buy more parts. Long and the short of it.

I've discussed this many times before. Toyota parts are manufactured based on a number of parameters:

1. How fast the part moves
2. How ubiquitous the part is or isn't (ie: does it fit every Toyota vehicle or is it for just Land Cruisers)
3. How old the part is in terms of it's applicability: ie: Corolla's are still being manufactured. But AE86 Corolla's are long gone thus the parts supply for them is getting thinner and thinner. This applies to our Land Cruisers as well. The last 60 was manufactured in 1987. The last 61/62 was 1989/1990.

The Toyota part system is based on a class coding system that follows:

A#-F#

A1 for example would be drain plug gaskets for oil pans: 90430-12031 These are fast moving parts that are utilized across a majority of Toyota vehicles thus there is constant supply and constant manufacturing of said part.

E5 is a rear diff for an 80 series. Not a very fast moving part and will be gone in short order.

F9 means the part is toast. It's gone and never coming back.

In the case of the hood insulators, they are a class C5. Sort of middle of the pack in terms of the classification system. My depot has 4 of these in stock. That means that in any given year there is a good chance that up to 4 of these could possibly sell.

Again, this is a bean counter/numbers game at Toyota. They don't care that there are 1000 enthusiasts that want the part. All they are looking at is the ROI in keeping a part in stock.

Toyota is only interested in making money. The quicker one gets that and accepts it, the better you end up being.

You want more parts to stay around? Buy more parts. Long and the short of it.

Thanks for the details, hadn't run across it before. If it was mentioned in this thread, that is on me. Looks like I will continue buying all the parts I can as I have been. Can't have enough spares.

That is actually the first part I purchased from Onur (2015)! Price and shipping were very reasonable from what I remember. :) Shoot, now that I think about it, its still in the box. :doh:

Mines still in the box too. Also from onur. Hopefully going under the hood very soon. Waiting on the painter...again

Seeking an antenna assembly for my wife's 1990 FJ62 - SKU # 86300-90A25 - I believe that this part is NLA but wanted to confirm (sadly!)?

Watching oem parts slowly disappear is certainly discouraging for me and I do my part by buying oem stuff; but damn I'm just one guy and I don't think there are enough of us to make much difference; Toyota could throw us a bone if they wanted to and at least break even.

Watching oem parts slowly disappear is certainly discouraging for me and I do my part by buying oem stuff; but damn I'm just one guy and I don't think there are enough of us to make much difference; Toyota could throw us a bone if they wanted to and at least break even.

Curious to see if Toyota follows suit with Bmw/MB/Porsche/Nissan.

They are all reproducing OEM parts for various cars. My last car was running into this issue and Nissan recently announced its Heritage program to reproduce all parts for the R32 GTR to start.

Curious to see if Toyota follows suit with Bmw/MB/Porsche/Nissan.

They are all reproducing OEM parts for various cars. My last car was running into this issue and Nissan recently announced its Heritage program to reproduce all parts for the R32 GTR to start.

Nope. Once a Toyota part is discontinued it is gone forever never to return.

Toyota is not interested in the enthusiast market.

Once people get this through their heads, the easier owning an LC will be.

Last edited:
Maybe if Toyota reads this thread they"ll have a change heart and bring some parts back...

LOL! just messin'...I have a thick skull

Whats really frustrating is Toyota have a policy of not allowing international shipping so I'm from the UK, if I see a part in the US, not available in Europe, I can't buy it. They need to stop that for classic vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom