Events/Trails UC Parkway Ride 2022 Oct. 21st-23rd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nexgencontractors.com
Hey all sorry for the late post....
The cool weather has set in and it reminded me we are just around the corner from heading up to the Parkway. I will be contacting the forest service today to see if there is any work to be done up there while we are there.

The usual plan is as follows:

Friday
Meet at Sierra Nevada for lunch at 12:00. After lunch we will head to the trailhead as usual and cruise into camp.

Saturday
I am guessing we will have 2-3 groups of people doing different things during the day including head to the Pisgah Inn for the traditional lunch. There will probably be some who just hang out at camp as well. Also if the FS needs us to do maintenance I will be leading that group.

Sunday
Pack up and head home

Weather preparation as usual. For those who have not been on this trip make sure you are prepared for any weather including hot & sunny, freezing & snow, rain and possibly high wind.

This years shirts will be available on www.reefmonkey.com under the Upstate Cruisers page.

Attending:

1. @aquatech3
2. @the gimpeyone
3. @SHIfTHEAD
4. @jvalex 🤷‍♂️
5. @Bryanseye
6. @GXOR11

Last edited:
I'm in but may have to leave Saturday. Supposed to work Sunday but going to see if i can get someone to cover it for me.

I will bring some wood on the trailer. Wanting to see how it does with a standard ball hitch anyways...

I'm a noob to group events, it's usually just me and a buddy. I like the idea of doing some FS maintenance during a trip too. So sorry for asking questions that I think most folks know, but where is camp? And I'm guessing the meeting point "Sierra Nevada" is at 100 Sierra Nevada Way, Mills River, NC 28732?

Of course, the weekend I agreed to attend a wedding (I hate weddings)

Per usual I may or may not appear at some point. Definitely ready for some cold weather camping. It has been really cool here; had to turn heat on in AM. House wasn't getting above 60 degrees.

I'm a noob to group events, it's usually just me and a buddy. I like the idea of doing some FS maintenance during a trip too. So sorry for asking questions that I think most folks know, but where is camp? And I'm guessing the meeting point "Sierra Nevada" is at 100 Sierra Nevada Way, Mills River, NC 28732?
Yes, the brewery is the meeting point. Camp coordinates are not posted publicly here. Details will be given upon arrival.

I’m starting to think this campsite is jinxed for me given my record over the past few years (the 200 is still broke), but I want to go anyway
You and the eldest had a successful trip in 2020!

I’m in, if the windshield is done in the 73 .already got the time off .

Looks like the windshield won’t be here till the end of October . So I don’t have anything to drive , I’m out .

No mosquitoes. Hard freeze up there the next few days than looking pretty good for the weekend.

1666012414355.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom