TX Storms?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jen and I were a bit concerned when we got up this morning. Everyone in the LSLC family. good to go, safe.....?

We had a lot of hail and high winds. The worst of it missed us by a few miles.

It's 44 degress right now, but at least it's not snowing like last weekend.

Chad

The rain hit Austin about 9pm Friday. High winds weren't too bad. My son and I were out gathering parts for wrenching on Saturday. By the time we got back to the house, the rain had pretty much stopped. Didn't see any damage on the way home either.
Things are looking good.

Baseball sized hail missed us by about 10 miles - whew!

yikes, we were watchin the news and sit looks like Fort Worth got it pretty bad..... Glad everyone is good to go.....

Sorry for the delay, but there was lots to do this weekend... ;)

The tornado was "rain wrapped" and hard to see. It was also fickle, popping in and out of the clouds as it ran down 183, the airport freeway. It missed my brother's house by about 500 yards and missed my house by half a mile.

Rather than dig a furrow, this funnel cloud dropped down long enough to throw a guy through a window, or shatter an oak tree 2 foot in diameter, or rip off a roof. Then it lifted off the ground and jumped the highway to ruin some guy's day that had semi trailers parked in a lot. Jerri and Amber, my girlfriend & her daughter driving to my house, saw the funnel cloud as it approached my neighborhood. I got them and their car under my carport just as the hail started. Oddly, we didn't get much hail and my trees did okay.

Boo & Scout didn't care for the wind and noise. So, we spent some quality family time in the bathroom waiting for the cloud to pass. The funnel cloud was moving at 40 miles an hour, so we didn't have to wait long. Naturally, after it passed things looked much better. The cold front behind the storm dropped the temp to the high 40's. By Sunday, we were back to the 70's with lots of sunshine.

Sadly, I understand two folks were killed in Fort Worth. Otherwise, the sirens and neighbors did a good job warning folks and helping with the clean up. That's all folks!
Happy Trails! N

Yowza! Sounds like it cut a little too close for comfort. Glad y'all made it through ok.

Whenever we had storms here Jack, our old black lab, would go and hide in the bathtub........like he just KNEW that was the safest place to be. I wonder what goes thru their little heads during major storms.......

My neighbor and I were standing in the backyard under a nice light overcast sky trying to figure out why the tornado sirens were going off. Then the gust front hit and we decided it best to go into the house. I stepped onto the back porch just as tennis ball and baseball hail starting hitting. Dogs and I went into the house for some quality bonding time in a small interior closet with a battery powered radio and a flash light.

Claims guy came by today to tell me I'm getting a new roof. Both cruiser were in the garage and are fine.

The tornado went west to east about a mile south of me.

CAS

Damn. We've been paying for alot of roofs where i work from these storms that went through. Looks like the estimated number of claims it generated will hit somewhere around the 7000 mark(!!), w/ an avg. payout of about $2k. That's a lot of payout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom