Two Groove Harmonic balancer/pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to install PS on my '40. I took a good look at the harmonic balancer, it's got two grooves, but the one closest to the radiator is considerably narrower than the one currently running the alt and waterpump. Are there two different sizes of belts? I ASSume the smog pump ran off the front groove? If all I'm going to run with the front groove is PS pump(Sag), then I can probably use a GM pulley instead of looking for a Volvo pulley?
It also appears that there are some impending issues with the fan interfering with the belt. I'm running the old 4 blade metal fan, but have a later model 6 blade plastic fan. The motor is a late '74F, like F and a half, I've heard it called, desmogged by PO. The truck is a '66.
Anyone out there/ Or is everyone mowing?
Ed Long

When I did my power steering, the fan did hit the belt, so I bought a cheap fan spacer. It moved it out enough and it still has plenty of room before hitting the radiator. Oh, another word of advice, measure very good before you go to get the belt for the power steering so you don't have to make 20 trips to the parts store.

Did you use the plastic fan or the 4 blade metal one? And where did you get the spacer?
Thanks,
Ed :)

I still have the four blade fly swatter. You can get a spacer at any auto parts store. If you can't find one their, check out summit or jegs, I know they have them.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom