Two different size radiator hose clamps; confirmation needed where they belong. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm putting on new radiator hoses tonight (96 model). Two clamps have a larger relaxed diameter and a different part number than the other four. From the looks of the hoses and the nipples it appears that one large clamp goes on the lower radiator hose, radiator end, as the outflow pipe at the bottom is larger than the top radiator pipe. The other larger clamp looks like it belongs on the second radiator hose where it connects to the thermostat housing, as that pipe is also larger than the the connecting pipe between the bottom radiator hoses. Can anyone confirm the placement of these two size hose clamps?

Just noticed that not only are there two different size clamps, there are two slightly different pairs of small clamps. Two of the four smaller clamps have a single hole each in the band, the others do not, and the angles of the clamp ends are slightly different between the pairs?? Seems like Toyota never does anything without a purpose, so does anyone know if the clamps with the holes are meant to go to one location or another??

Edit: I called a local dealer parts dept; the parts guy wasn't entirely sure which clamp went where but he gave me these part numbers:

Top radiator hose clamps: one each of 90467-41008 and 90467-43002

Lower radiator hose clamps: 90466-41008 (3) and 90467-41002 (1)

Can anyone confirm the correct part numbers and where which clamp goes on which hose?

Beno, CDan, help!!!
DSC03038.jpg
DSC03039.JPG
DSC03040.JPG

Last edited:
I think new clamps will be on order today.

Clamps w/visual cut out "dot" 90407-41002 are for hose # 1 (16571C).

The remaining 4 clamps should measure closely to:

2-30mm / 90467-43002 / *note larger "triangle cutouts" in clamp band then the larger 27mm clamps.
2-27mm / 90467-41002 / *note smaller "triangle cutouts" in clamp band then the larger 30mm clamps.

And should be installed in this order, starting with hose #2 at Water inlet :

water inlet / 30mm clamp / hose #2 (16572D) / 27mm clamp / radiator pipe (16577) / 27mm clamp / hose #3 (1653B) / 30mm clamp / lower rad.
radiator-water-outlet.png

Last edited:
I'm putting on new radiator hoses tonight (96 model). Two clamps have a larger relaxed diameter and a different part number than the other four. From the looks of the hoses and the nipples it appears that one large clamp goes on the lower radiator hose, radiator end, as the outflow pipe at the bottom is larger than the top radiator pipe. The other larger clamp looks like it belongs on the second radiator hose where it connects to the thermostat housing, as that pipe is also larger than the the connecting pipe between the bottom radiator hoses. Can anyone confirm the placement of these two size hose clamps?

Pretty sure that is correct.

Ok, that diagram helps a lot (is it available on-line to download?). I didn't notice before that the triangular cutout was a different size between the two size clamps, also seems like a couple of old part numbers may have been superceded?

This is what I just got from a dealer parts dept:
Top radiator hose clamps (both the same part): 90466-41008 (replaces 90467-41002)

Bottom radiator pipe to thermostat outlet pipe: both of these pipes are larger than the connecting pipe, so it all makes sense now.

90467-43002 (larger-30mm)
90466-41008 (replaces 90467-41002)
90466-41008 (replaces 90467-41002)
90467-43002 (larger-30mm)

Last edited:
I use this: Toyota Auto Parts & Toyota Accessories for reference only and then cross check with google and then go to CDan or Onur as a ultimate authorities :D . Glad it worked out and thanks for updating the part numbers for those who follow.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom