Twin Stick Shifters (1 Viewer)

Does anybody make a kit for a spit transfer case?

why do you need one? if you have a stock setup it will not benifit you at all it would only serve its real purpose with a d300 or np205 etc. check AA if any or make your own its not that hard

use the search people have made them before and i have found them in searches

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
You gotta calm down there Chuck.....

They do serve a perpose...2wd low.

I used it often when I was running a Toy tcase......and do now...with my Atlas.

Made my own, and then replaced that with a modified a AA twin stick set up...for my 420 and one-piece, three-speed transfer case...

I liked it.

The twin stick set ups shift better than many of the older stock shifters....

:beer:

The guy I bought the transfer case was supposed to come up with the shifter and can not find it. I converted my vacum transfer to a manual and I don't like the way it shifts so basically i am starting from scratch

Marlin Crawler is for mini pickups

but you don't need to make twin sticks to get 2 low you just grind the shift gate. IMHO that would be a heck of a lot easier....i saw people making them using all thread and heim joints they came out real cool.

when i said they didn't serve a purpose i meant as the usual reason people do them so they can engage the front 2wheels only or whatever... grinding the restrictor off will do just the same

I did it more for the solid precise shifting than for the 2 low, but I use 2 low pretty often, mostly when doing stuff around my place when (and iIF) it's too dry for tight turns in 4x4.

the mushy "is it in gear?" feel of the stock shifter pissed me off one too many times.

I copped photos of the well known kit and made my own like it except I made 3/8" solid rods instead of using all thread. I tack welded instead of using set screws to keep it all tight. Never liked set screws much.

I feel compelled to jump in and ask a newb question...

Running a stock setup on my 60. Can't you get 2LOW just by engaging 4LOW and unlocking the front hubs?

i think emphasis on think it might be diff. because in 2low your using all the power to the rear wheels, but if you just unlocked the front hubs your d-shaft would still be spinning and the power would still be distributed in half...

could be wrong, maybe poser could help out : wink wink wink wink:

Website
www.crawlorado.com
Dtrain - Yes you could, and it would have the same effect, but you dont want to get out of your truck and unlock the front hubs all the time..

rooster- it wouldint matter if the front shafts are spinning, it would not take that much power away from the rear..

The true benifit comes if say you have an auto locker in the front and you are making a tight turn.. Put her in 2Low and the front locker unlocks, your truck steers just like an open Diff , then slap it back in 4wd when you dont need the turning radius..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom