Turning up the fuel on 1hz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I'm trying to turn up the fuel on the old 75 ute, I've attached a pic of the injector pump. My understanding is that the shiny nut in the middle is the locking nut, and the 12mm bolt in it is the fuel screw. It's difficult to get to so to turn up the fuel, would I pull the injector lines off to get the fuel screw further out, or am I stupid and this isn't the fuel screw, and there is a much easier way of doing this.
Thanks

120812733_486797048943142_7398591675462676447_n.jpg

The fuel screw is the one at the top left of the image (above fuel injection lines) with the collar seal, yellow paint, and wire seal. With my 3B engine and rotary VE pump, clockwise increases fuel.

The bolt you are referring to in the middle of the fuel injection lines is the "plug" for the distributive head. Dial gauges are inserted there to measure plunger stroke at TDC so that the pump's timing can be calibrated.

I hope you have a pyrometer installed so you can monitor EGTs. Turning up fuel with no additional air is not really the best thing for engine longevity.

I actually just did that exact same thing today (turned my fuel down though). @LevinBR Is correct in the procedure. I was blowing lots of black smoke on acceleration up here at 9000 feet with my 1hv with no turbo. I also installed the Auber EGT gauge to insure my adjustments were going in the right direction. Only turn the screw 1/4 of a revolution and test drive. Hope that helps!

I actually just did that exact same thing today (turned my fuel down though). @LevinBR Is correct in the procedure. I was blowing lots of black smoke on acceleration up here at 9000 feet with my 1hv with no turbo. I also installed the Auber EGT gauge to insure my adjustments were going in the right direction. Only turn the screw 1/4 of a revolution and test drive. Hope that helps!
Yeah look im trying to turn the fuel up a bit so it blows a bit of black smoke, i've got a egt but turning up the fuel doesnt make it soot at all, bit confused as to how to make it happen on the old motors

Yeah look im trying to turn the fuel up a bit so it blows a bit of black smoke,

Are you after a bit more power or just want to make smoke?
Normally you cut the lead seal and turn the screw 1/8th of a turn until you get the desired result. Make a mark so you can get back to where it was if needed

Hey so did you just buy that one on craigslist and here? Welcome! :flipoff2: Post up a thread about it. I'm only 2 hours north of you.

Sorry for the hijack!

Hey so did you just buy that one on craigslist and here? Welcome! :flipoff2: Post up a thread about it. I'm only 2 hours north of you.

Sorry for the hijack!
I did. I've been working on it every day since I got it. Really loving it. I know I need to start documenting what I've been doing to it. I just get so excited and forget to take photos.

I did. I've been working on it every day since I got it. Really loving it. I know I need to start documenting what I've been doing to it. I just get so excited and forget to take photos.

Very cool, looks like a nice rig. Well we all like pictures even if it's not build photos. Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom