Turn signal cancel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching the FJ40 forum to learn if I have what I need to fix my turn signal indicator control on the steering column, but I'm not finding the correct details. So sorry if this is a repeat post!

On my '77 FJ, the turn indicator doesn't cancel after going around a corner and so I end up being one of those old men who drive around with their turn signal on long after the turn has been made. I *think* the cancel control is integrated into the switch, but not sure? I want to be sure I'm not missing some other part that may be responsible for canceling, like a pin or something that's part of the steering wheel?

I ordered a replacement kit from Cruiser Corps.

Turn Signal, Dimmer Switch - OEM - FJ40, FJ45, FJ55 1977-1984 - https://cruisercorps.com/products/turn-signal-dimmer-switch-oem-1?variant=12738342060098&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw1uiEBhBzEiwAO9B_HepHAsSIZ58_yMxNe3aX1KHr1-5T-Mj9QgZ3hnSjI9FrqiDVy5xtSBoCwsEQAvD_BwE

I'm hoping all I need to do is pull the steering wheel and replace this switch and then presto, no longer going around a right corner with my left blinker flashing! Thanks in advance for the public safety support.

Pull your steering wheel and look for the tiny little roll pin that should be on the underside of it. There should be one...maybe two on a '77, that trip the turn signal back to the neutral position. I'll see if I have a pic.

edit: yep, 2. I'd wager the dimensions for a hardware store replacement can be found on Mud somewhere.
1620773849047.png

Last edited:
Pull your steering wheel and look for the tiny little roll pin that should be on the underside of it. There should be one...maybe two on a '77, that trip the turn signal back to the neutral position. I'll see if I have a pic.

edit: yep, 2. I'd wager the dimensions for a hardware store replacement can be found on Mud somewhere.

Fantastic. This is exactly what I need. Thank you very much for your reply. Without it I would have had to start all over again to try and figure out why the blinkers were still not canceling after installing the new switch and putting the steering wheel back on. My guess is that those pins are long gone, but your picture will help me replace them if need be.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom