1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo finally

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Cruiser rookie, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Cruiser rookie

Cruiser rookie

My BJ60 3B is finally getting a T3 turbo installed as i write this thread.The locker was installed yesterday and the 33's should be arriving looking forward to these modifications.3" exhaust is also getting installed with a resonator can't wait to hear it when i get it back.Next steps are to build a rear bumper,roof rack and snorkel.
    I was wondering if anyone has succeeded to get 33 under a stock BJ60.
    I have been running 15" BFG 10.5 31.5 and it looks to have plenty of room for more,planning on going with BFG AT this time since have been logging a lot of highway miles this year but i will also be going with a narrow tire something like a 9" or 9.5".
    Has anyone ever built a rear bumper that has a winch incorporated into it,i have been thinking of doing this since i have a spare warn 8000lbs that is sitting on the front of my Chevy that is in need of a new 6.5 diesel.I do realize that weight is always a concern but i think that it would be very useful since i tend to wheel alone a lot.If anyone has any ideas or concerns please let me know.
    Well that's all for now.I will update wheni get it back from the shop.

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    yes 33x9.5's will fit, if you load it down real heavy they might rub, but I kinda think you will be OK, we run 33x9.5's on our stock fj62

3. Cruiser rookie

Cruiser rookie

Thanks landpimp
    Nice to hear that i will be able to fit those tires underneath her.I can't wait to get her back.
    Thanks again

4. Tinker

Tinker

I had my bumpers made with 3 receivers each: center for hitch, outside 2 for a removable winch mount. Electrical connections also plug to jumper cables.

The easiest way out is usually the way you got in.

5. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    If you use an 8k lb winch, make sure to use a snatch block for double the pulling power when you're really stuck in something gooey.

I'd go at LEAST 9.5 wide on the tire, more likely 10.5. I'm running 33x11.5's with no troubles.

This thread is pointless without pictures of the machine!

6. Cruiser rookie

Cruiser rookie

Ideal boost?

Hey guys
    Last finishing touches getting done on the turbo intallation (pics to come once i get it back) wondering what the majority are running for boost these days.I have a T3 Garrett unit ,waiting for the heat shield,boost and pyro gauges to be installed on the window column.
    I payed 280 CAD taxes in for the set of gauges along with the column mount.How is that price?
    I have opted for the Three inch exhaust which looks fantastic also decided to put a small muffler in line and have the tail pipe exiting just in front of the rear passenger side tire.
    Very excited about the locker in the rear getting installed also.
    The Turbo set up is brillant it looks right at home,my friend has done a fantastic job.(once again pics to come sorry)
    The only bummer is that i have to leave it at the shop over the next 8 weeks since i'm returing to work and then holidays.I'm sure my mechanic/slash friend will have the test driving already done by my return.
    I don't have a total as of yet for all the work and parts but i think that you guys will be very excited if you are anywhere near the lower mainland.I will keep everyone updated as i know more.
    Off the great white North.
    Cheers

7. cobra

cobra

If you do a search on the international thread, you should come up with more diesel/ turbo stuff.

8. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

Did you have pic of your 3B turbo engine .. ? ( your 3B has linear or rotative pump )