Tundra Wheel... Paint or No? (I know, this is danerous...) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm fully aware I'm asking for personal opinions here... haha. But I am torn on this one and would love YOUR opinion.

I just picked up a 2011 LX 570 Black on Black. I'm planning to do at least a half delete of the chrome bits but not really into the ALL black look.

Currently running on the stock 'chrome' 20's and need more rubber. Found a great deal on some 18" 2007 Tundra wheels and picked them up with Geolanders (80% done) in 275/65 on them. $300 for all four!

ANYWAY, here is my debate... to paint the wheels graphite? Or just leave them alone? I've seen some great looking set ups with graphite, but wondering if it will be too close to the all black look? Thought I might just have them mounted as is (btw, they are pretty dang clean) and then paint later if I decide to change up the look?

If I leave them as is... I will still be going away from the shiny chrome which is great. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

HAPPY Thanksgiving!

Current Wheels.jpg

Tundra Wheels 2.jpg

i personally like the graphite/gunmetal color on wheels, you can always just leave it as is and see how ya like it. you can always paint or powder coat later if you end up not liking the silver

Alright, decided to mount first and then see from there... think it looks pretty good, but definitely going to move up to 285/70 on my next set of rubber. DT said that I can probably get 5-10k miles out of these, so gives me some time to ponder. Here are some pics. Measured the stance today after the change out and only have a 1" front to back rake, not too bad, but looks like more to me for some reason.

wheel change 1.jpg
wheel change 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom