Wanted Tub Needed- '79 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, I think I might have what you need. If you are not looking for an original tub. I make the FJ40 rear tubs. I just sold one a few days ago, and I can make another one in a few days. Let me know.

How much of the rear tub are you talking about and can you send pics? Price? I may be at Bristol next week. Thanks Bryan

I should have some Pics somewhere I just moved back to the Kingsport TN area :bang:. I was livinh in :bounce:Myrtle Beach:bounce2: for the last 8 years. I have one tub in stock but it is still in Myrtle Beach at my shop. What I do is build the entire rear tub, but you will need the rails that the hard top sets on so I or you can weld to the new tub. I do wheeling and dealing on a lot of these transactions too. But the tub will go from $700.oo on up to $900.oo depending on what all you want done to it.

Yes I should be able to send you some pics of completed tubs. The difference in price is the cheaper version is when you look at the floor, it is smooth, as well as the finder welds. On the more expensive one is where I have the floor of the tub ribbed. And of course the metal that is used. A lot of people want the galvanized metal, like the Astro vans, so it will not rust. As I said before that this is not a finished tub, there are some parts that need to be welded from your old tub. We restore frames, rail buggies for the rock crawlers. I have one fj40 that I drive on a daily basis, and I am trying to find information from other owners their ideas of what to do. I am in the process of attaching a 700r4 to an adapter to the original transfer case. The other thing is I am going to use fj80 axles, springs, lunch box lockers for the front and rear for my project. If I do not go with the fj80 axles (due to the price of them) I would like to put lunch box lockers in both axles, power assist steering, and disk brakes all the way around. If you change your brakes to disk let me know I will send you the links to get the parts cheaper than buying the kits.

I am sorry, I have been looking for your address. I have not found my extrenal hard drive from where we moved from Myrtle beach, but I just bought another Fj40 and it is a 79 too. Can you send my your email address so I can send you pics of this. I am fixing to rebuild it. It is not good shape but it has what I need to restore it. If you would like my email address is EllisBarnes at OceanBayConstruction dot com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom