Truck-lite 27270C 24v resistor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nigelgrayfoto.com
Thought I would roll the dice on here rather than just on the 70 series thread. I recently purchased the truck-lite 27270C for my bj73 and like many people I no longer have my high-beam indicator. I've tried to google and search on resistors and everything I've found on amazon seems to state 12v. Has anyone here spliced in a resistor for those lights on a 24v truck or used h4 harness resistor? I was hoping to stick with resistors that have the h4 harness since the truck-life connectors do not plug in all the way and I don't want to start filing them down to fit.....yet.

I was looking at a bunch and they keep reading 12-14/16v. The first link states 12-24v in the description, but I'm not so sure how accurate it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Nigel

Amazon product ASIN B07DLW32NY
Amazon product ASIN B07SGCHF5B
https://www.amazon.com/NEX-Resistor...=1&keywords=h4+resistor&qid=1616710085&sr=8-8

subscribed to thread. sorry no solution, but I'll wait patiently in case someone has one, lol. I've got the trucklite headlights, with some cheapy ebay highbeams. I've accepted the not having the highbeam indicator, mostly because it's pretty obvious when they're on...these LEDs are bright.

Just as an FYI Resistors don't care about voltage. Its not sensitive electronics, and it won't send more amperage to your LEDs. Just install it and see how hot the resistor it gets, my guess is your indicator may be slightly less dim than if you were in a 12v setup, but still works. For some of my 12V LED interior bulbs, I installed generic resistors to get the voltage down and it all works fine. Its just mathematics when your are talking about light bulbs and resistors, nothing crazy like an ECU.

Regular resistor ended up melting when high-beam were on.
The harness resistor you linked or another one? Resistors have power ratings (Wattage) so that would make sense if the resistor rating was low. I would expect that those headlight resistors are rated for it. The wattage should be the same, if youre running 12V, then its running higher amps, but higher volts will be lower amps, wattage should be very close

Melted this one. The resistor connected to low beam was fine. The one going into high-beam got nuked.

Ok, they must be rated for lower powered LED headlights. Seems like there are a lot of comments for them getting crazy hot. Out of curiosity, did you plug your LED bulbs directly into both headlight plugs? My truck needed relays to convert to the correct leg switching for hi/lo. So my high beam indicator has been working fine from the start. Anyways, just curious if you only used one plug like me, if maybe switching it would fix your indicator issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom