truck 13b (t) new question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all. i am currently turbo charging my 85' 13b diesel out of a daihatsu delta, which is now in a shorty 40.(3b replacement)
i have the turbo setup from a dead 85' 13bt. both red blocks. i just wanted to ask and see if there were going to be any hidden problems im going to encounter in the future other than the obvious manifold swapping etc. oil drain and intake has been drilled and all ok. watecooling etc is a ok.
i just heard a rumour that the lifter rods may not be able to take the extra boost. i am only going to run it at the stock boost that a 13bt is usually preset to. are these rods going to be able to handle the extra strain?
i am aware of the 6bolt flywheel apposed to the 8 bolt etc.. anything else i should know about??.
if i think back i also recall my 13b not having oil sprayers under the pistons. is this going to effect me down the track?.

thanks for your help!!

James

the turbo by itself create much more stress on the engine .. ans off coruse it will depends on your driving stile .. and target ..

It's also related to your engine care and maintenance .. but in standard the B family of Toyota engines are pretty reliable with or without turbo ..

At 8 PSI I don't see any disaster coming .. just plenty of fun ..

fantastic. yes i have poured too much money into the old gurl to floor it all down the drain.. 5000km oil changes and easy driving should do the trick...

thanks for your help..!

James- this is interesting; I'm just now finishing putting a 13B in my BJ42, replacing the old 3b. I assumed it did have the same piston oiling system as the 3b- will have to do some research to find that out for sure...

Post up pics of your turbo set up! I'm going to be turboing mine in the next few weeks, so I'd love to see. How are you going to configure the air intake from the turbo to the manifold? ...the throttle body on mine points toward the left of the vehicle, away from the exhaust manifold, so I have to make a complete 180 with the piping, and I haven't figured that out yet...

Keep us updated, and hopefully, you're better about pictures than I am.

Can you not just rotate the throttle body 180* and then reroute the throttle cable? Just a thought, I don't actually know how it mounts on a 13B.

No, it's in how the manifold is cast- the 13BT points up, but the 13b points out, so to speak. I'll post pics as I go...

hey san, im actually trying my best to keep the 13b as original as i can so im putting a turbo setup on my motor that came straight off a 13bt. originally i had the 13b truck intake and it just is not going to work for the turbo setup because of all the ridiculas bends. so i have sourced a 13bt intake manifold and all the linkages to the injector pump and im going to go with that...

it all looks fantastic when its sand blasted.

i would post photos up but im extremely bad at using computers and websites like this. but i will try my best.

cheers

Ah, good for you! I'm going with the rediculous bends... PVC pipe maybe?

I know what you mean about computers and the like... eat more time than they save, seems like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom