Trouble refilling supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody ever have issue refilling their trd supercharger. I got about 4-5 oz of coke brown oil out of the blower but I can seem to put that much back in. I mostly just made huge mess on the floor trying to fill it with a small tube and 1 4oz bottle. I maybe got 2 oz in before it started gushing out. And then I started forcing another 2oz in from the second bottle snd slapped the drain plug in before it flowed out. Am I an idiot?

Are you trying to fill it in the truck?
Yes. I’m on round 2 of trying to fill it and being paranoid. I tried start over and used the squirt bottle method again to empty it but couldn’t get a ton out. So far I’ve put in about 3oz and it almost immediately started pouring out. Here’s the current method of filling and current mess.

image.jpg

Ok you have only two options:
1. find a curved tip syringe and shoot the oil in and quickly cap it
2. Simply remove the nose cone and don't stress it. Its held on by a few bolts.

Ok you have only two options:
1. find a curved tip syringe and shoot the oil in and quickly cap it
2. Simply remove the nose cone and don't stress it. Its held on by a few bolts.
This is my first time really messing with the supercharger and I really don’t know much about them in general😅. Can I just take of the nose cone, fill it, and then bolt it back on? Is there a seal?

I’m trying to find the torque for the nose cone but the install manual doesn’t list it.

Yeah it comes off. No gasket. There are no fluids passing thru. It’s about 8-10 bolts and the nose cone just fits within gear mesh. You might need a brass drift and mallet to separate. There are notches in the casting for this.

Since it’s going into aluminum and it’s likely M8 (or equivalent bolts) then it’s probably 25ft lb, at least that’s what I went with.

Last edited:
Yeah it comes off. No gasket. There are no fluids passing thru. It’s about 8-10 bolts and the nose cone just fits within gear mesh. You might need a brass drift and mallet to separate. There are not hes in the casting for this.

Since it’s going into aluminum and it’s likely M8 (or equivalent bolts) then it’s probably 25ft lb, at least that’s what I went with.
Thanks for saving my life!

looks clean. I used JB jon bond synthetic and didn't have issue with filling through the plug.
I read that overfilling is dangerous- maybe it starts to aerate the oil, so make sure you keep it at 4oz or a bit less.

looks clean. I used JB jon bond synthetic and didn't have issue with filling through the plug.
I read that overfilling is dangerous- maybe it starts to aerate the oil, so make sure you keep it at 4oz or a bit less.
I put about 2 in before it started coming out🤷🏽‍♀️. No insane gear noise so far

I have a SC with ~70k miles and need to change the oil. Do you mind taking a pic of the drain and fill plug? What oil does it take? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom