TrollHole Carb - Real Time Help..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Great product, thanks Marshall!!

I'm having issues with the connection of the fuel cut solenoid. I have the white wire grounded and the green wire connected to the carb electrical plug but i don't hear the infamous "clicking" sound that determines the fuel cut off is working. It worked with the old carb and i'm just wondering how to connect the 2 wire stock fuel cut off to the 1 wire TrollHole carb.........Do i connect BOTH wires to the 1 wire off the carb or am i not thinking about this correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

In the stock set up, one wire brings power switched from the ignition switch and the other goes to the computer, that switches the ground on an off, depending upon the conditions. According to my wiring diagram, the power wire is black with yellow strip, and the wire that goes to the compture is blue with an orange stripe. Don't connect both wires together because then you'll be creating a short circuit.

If you want to tell if your solenoid is working the bring a temporary wire straight from the battery to the green wire, and see if you hear the click.

I don't have a trollhole carb, but I thought there's just one wire that goes to the green lead, and the carb itself is grounded... (just trying to remeber)

There's a thread somewhere that deals exactly with this -- Search for Trollcarb or similar.

As 2mbb suggests, put 12v directly to the solenoid to test that first. Check for 12v at the loom side of the plug second.

Try grounding the green wire and electrically connect the white to the solenoid.

thanks guys

I've read this thread over and over and i can't seem to get it right.
I have a green and white wire from the fuel cut-off and dont know which is the ground. I am positive the fule cut-off works bc when i had it on my stock carb, the clicking was there and it ran fine. I've grounded each wire to a carb screw while the other was connected to the 1 wire carb but the car dies...menaing the fuel cut-off solenoid is not functioning properly the way i have it hooked up.

I'm lost and have NO electrical background so needless to say i have no idea what to do.

Didn't the new carb come with a new single-wire solenoid? Or did you swap the one from the old carb ?

Post some pix 'cuz you're confusing me.

In the stock setup, the WHITE wire from the solenoid is the one you ground to the carb body.

Could be you are not getting a good ground. Try grounding the white wire to the fender or another piece of the body.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Didn't the new carb come with a new single-wire solenoid? Or did you swap the one from the old carb ?

Post some pix 'cuz you're confusing me.

In the stock setup, the WHITE wire from the solenoid is the one you ground to the carb body.

Let me first start by saying I'm an idiot.:clap: That said, TrollHole talked me through what i was having issues with and he mentioned my engine fuse might be blown.....well, what do you know..it was. I had swapped out the stock carb solenoid with the new one before i realized the fuse had been blown so now i will probably put the new one back in its respectful place- back on the new carb.

Spike - Sorry about the confusion...i was calling the 2 wire stock harness the "fuel cut-off solenoid" which is incorrect.

Spike, 2mbb, PAFJ and especially Trollhole.....Many, many thanks!!!!! Without mudders like you guys and this phucking amazing forum, i would be driving a JEEP.

No problem. So is the green wire the correct ground or white? I always thought it was the green, since this is referred to as the "green wire mod".

still don't know

No problem. So is the green wire the correct ground or white? I always thought it was the green, since this is referred to as the "green wire mod".

I haven't switched back to the trollhole 1wire setup because I ran out of light so I'm not sure of the answer to your question....yet.

I'm pretty sure the white is the ground on my cruiser but different years have different colors. I seem to remember seeing a picture on a thread here that had the same color wires as me and the white was referred to as the ground.

Last edited:
Let me first start by saying I'm an idiot.:clap: That said, TrollHole talked me through what i was having issues with and he mentioned my engine fuse might be blown.....well, what do you know..it was.

Fellow idiot here.....:D I just finished Grounding the white wire on the FCS on my stock carb to the Carb screw, and it did nothing to help my Idling problem. I can't keep my 60 running without keeping the choke pulled out part way. :confused:

Where is this engine fuse you speak of? maybe its my problem too....BTW im hoping to get a Trollhole carb asap(when theyre back in stock.)

Fellow idiot here.....:D I just finished Grounding the white wire on the FCS on my stock carb to the Carb screw, and it did nothing to help my Idling problem. I can't keep my 60 running without keeping the choke pulled out part way. :confused:

Where is this engine fuse you speak of? maybe its my problem too....BTW im hoping to get a Trollhole carb asap(when theyre back in stock.)

I'm having idling issues too at the moment and i can't find any vacuum leaks. I'm messing with the screws on my trollhole carb to figure it out. My rig does idle by itself but only after a good 5-10 minutes of running and then it's sometimes jumpy. Still need to diagnose this issue but i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the carb.

Rule of thumb from this board: If choke cable knob (cck) is fully pulled out just too make the rig idle, possible cracked intake. If cck is just slightly pulled out to idle correctly, vacuum leak somewhere.

Engine fuse (on a FJ 60) is in the fuse panel underneath the cck to the left of the steering wheel. Turn the cover over to see which fuse it is and check...voila!

Hawk, check the engine fuse... It's with all the other fuses in the fuse block. Look for the one that says "Engine" ....

Do you get a "Click-Click" from the ICS when you tap the connector-halves together?

Thanks for the info on the Engine Fuse - I figured that was where it was, but thought it might be under the hood in some obscure place.

Hawk, check the engine fuse... It's with all the other fuses in the fuse block. Look for the one that says "Engine" ....

Do you get a "Click-Click" from the ICS when you tap the connector-halves together?

I cut the white wire coming from the ics and grounded it to the carb - when i would touch it to the screw it would click.....

If you can hear the ICS "Clicking" open and close, then your idle issue is somewhere else. Could be crap in the idle circuit of the carb - Vac leaks ?

This is with the KEY in the "ON" position -- With key off, no clicky.

could you elaborate on the idle circuit of the carb? Is that an internal component of the carb?

I started having these problem after i ran it out of gas, I replaced the fuel filter. No help. The Vac system is inoperable right now, as the air pump is devaned, but no smog stuff removed except for the large air hoses coming off the air pump.

Got it that way from the PO (my dad!) LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom