Triad area - or NC in general - *body* shop... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sundowner

Epic Mediocrity
SILVER Star
Threads
Looks like I need to have a big of welding done on a cracked floorpan; anyone know of a really good body shop in the area? It's a small repair, but I want it fixed correctly.

Thank you, sir; I'll give them a call and see if they want to take a crack at my seat brace.

Edit: they're willing to at least take a look at it, so...progress!

Last edited:
That’s where I plan on going when I have the funds together to redo the body on my 40 series. I’ve seen his work on restorations and it’s very clear that he prioritizes quality over time or price. But I do think his price is very competitive for that level of quality.

Any other recommendations for a body/paint shop? I can't get a return call or an estimate from Phoenix; I had them look at it last Tuesday, waited for an estimate that they were supposed to give me that afternoon, and I've called twice since then, after not getting it. I've been promised a call back and an estimate "this afternoon" both times, but at this point I don't think they're interested in the work.

Anyone know any other good shops? I kinda need to get going on this...

Okay... talked to East Coast Autowerks: the short version is that they're not doing restorations anymore. Evidently it's all collision repair, now, and IF they decide they can do my seat brace repair, it'll be sometime in January at the earliest. They said they would give me an estimate in a few days, nonetheless, but I'm kind of wondering why they'd take the time to do the estimate when they're not even sure that they want to take on the work in the first place.

I'm not sure what to do, now; any other suggestions in the area? I honestly don't want to try to do this repair myself, but I need it to be fixed correctly, and soon.

F’ing insurance payout ruining everything.

Sorry to hear. Maybe they’d take on small in n out repair since not full resto. Was all they used to do.

Yeah, I'm starting to be concerned. I called a few other places this afternoon and got turned away, flatly. I guess I'm going to have to just figure it out myself...which isn't good because I don't really know what I'm doing.

If anyone knows a shop in the area that'll be willing to do the job, please let me know. 🫤

What's your time frame ?

Because part of what needs to happen is a structural issue and I'm driving it daily...soon. I need to have some gear work done first, and that's happening the last week of this month and the first week of November...but after that, I'm open until late December. I'll be out of town for a week or so, then, and then I'm back in the area until late January. Any of those brackets will work for any of the things that I need to get done; it can all be taken care of at once, or someone can piecemeal it. Honestly, I would be happy to skip the re-painting portions right now if I can just make some progress on my seat brace and floor pan.

Just a quick update: still haven't gotten a single estimate from anyone that promised me one...so I'm going to have to expand the search area. Charlotte, Raleigh, etc. If anyone has a lead in those areas - or anywhere else within reasonable distance - please let me know.

This is how I got into paint and body work. I spent a lot of time going out to and talking with "collision centers" because no one is calling themselves a body shop any longer. Insurance work is far less work and a lot more money than traditional body and paint work. I had quotes of $16K-20K to do a 60, glass out color change. No less than 6 months with the truck at their shop.

I've done a lot of paint and body work in my life, scoots, cars, trucks, and boats but never thought I'd be considering buying a paint booth.

This is how I got into paint and body work. I spent a lot of time going out to and talking with "collision centers" because no one is calling themselves a body shop any longer. Insurance work is far less work and a lot more money than traditional body and paint work. I had quotes of $16K-20K to do a 60, glass out color change. No less than 6 months with the truck at their shop.

I've done a lot of paint and body work in my life, scoots, cars, trucks, and boats but never thought I'd be considering buying a paint booth.

Interested in fixing a floor pan and seat brace?

Last edited:
No sir, I am booked out a couple years. Surely there is someone in the club that can do this kind of work.

No sir, I am booked out a couple years. Surely there is someone in the club that can do this kind of work.

You'd think so, but...well, yeah: case in point. I'm going to leave this thread open and try to keep it updated, but I guess my plan is going to be attempting the structural repair myself - that's the truly necessary part - and just tabling the other bits of bodywork until I can find a shop that wants to do it...or until I learn myself.

Idk, but give Jerry a call - I can't vouch enough for his work and ethic - not sure what his minimum work is but he's great. He did wonders to my 100.
@jimsmith1370 gave me the info a few years back and I had to travel a couple hundred of miles, but well worth it.

JERRY'S COLLISION CENTER 3165 OLD NC 75 STEM, NC. 27581
PHONE NUMBER: (919)528-0633 FAX NUMBER: (919)528-1477

hth - lmk. And if Ace is still around, he's a hoot.

TLC4x4 - https://www.tlc4x4.com/

You could try these guys. They just moved to Harrisburg last year, I think. I haven’t had a chance to go by there yet but they specialize in cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom