TRD SE or TT SE? Which one? (1 Viewer)

TRD SE or TT SE FJ? WHich one do you have?

• Trail Teams

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • TRD

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And thus the white top that you find so "ugly" does wonders for heat absorbtion...but it sounds as though your vehicle is more your fashion statement than utility vehicle?

And thus the white top that you find so "ugly" does wonders for heat absorbtion...but it sounds as though your vehicle is more your fashion statement than utility vehicle?

Yeah...don't quite know how to respond to that. I already stated that black gets hot, and APPEARANCE matters to me when I'm spending 30k + on a vehicle that I plan to add modifications to, yes. Would I buy a pinto just because it gets great gas mileage even though it looks like a utter piece of crap? No. If I didn't care about "looks" I wouldn't have gotten an FJ Cruiser. Half the reason people get the vehicle is BECAUSE it stands out from the rest and it's on it's own level, inside, and outside.

So yes, I believe, EVERYONE, chooses their car not based on reputation (because at the time I bought the FJ Cruiser it had JUST came out, so who knows how the vehicle was going to hold up? If I can't get my vehicle the way I want it, then no, I am not going to buy it. Why would I settle for spending MY money on something that I don't like as much as another? I'll be impressed if you can give me a reason.

Sound's like you're getting all hurt that I don't dig the white roof on black. Oh well. e-tears. :crybaby:

If I didn't care about looks, and soley wanted a vehicle that go anywhere, and do anything, I would get LR Defender.

You're assumption of "fashion over utility" is flawed. If I prefer the specific look two different models of the same vehicle, why would I go for the "cheaper" one that I don't like as much when this is a vehicle that I will be using, and modifying, for a very long time. If you can give me a reason as to why I would pick a color i don't like, over a color I do like, then by all means, say it. As I'm rather curious as to what you're response is going to be.

"Alas, if I couldn't get my hands on one of the TRD ses...I prob wouldn't have an FJ, I don't dig the white roof at all, and it just looks ugly with black and a white roof."

"Alas, if I couldn't get my hands on one of the TRD ses...I prob wouldn't have an FJ, I don't dig the white roof at all, and it just looks ugly with black and a white roof."

Did you even bother to read my post, I mean really, did you? Since apparently you don't bother fully reading before replying, I guess I'll quote

" You're assumption of "fashion over utility" is flawed. If I prefer the specific look two different models of the same vehicle, why would I go for the "cheaper" one that I don't like as much when this is a vehicle that I will be using, and modifying, for a very long time. If you can give me a reason as to why I would pick a color i don't like, over a color I do like, then by all means, say it. As I'm rather curious as to what you're response is going to be. "

Ready to render a response to that? Or are you going to quote again?

I'm bias

71pohw.jpg

Hey, guys I have a TT SE and love the Fjammer. Check one for San Antonio, Texas and mark it on the map. Mud'em up.
002.JPG

I love my TRD SE, black on black looks good and most mods come in black as well. I do agree with the coment about why pay extra for something you're going to mod. However in my case first you buy your FJ, do some moderate rock crawling, get hooked, and then start spending $$$ to make more fun. Those cheapy plastic bumpers had to go first for me.
Did all the moding on mine myself except for the OME 3" lift. So using my vinyl cutter made up my own TRD badges to slap down on the sides. In front of the rear wheel wells. The sturdy front and rear bumpers as well as the winch. Don't impeed progress on anything I have run into so far. May change the rims, But I like the look of the Toyo's as do others the way it sits.

I Have the TRD. I love it! I clean it very often because the black shows so much dirt. I can't wait to get my mirrors, door handles, and bezel painted. Someday soon I hope ;)

I've seen 2 TRD's here in Colorado Springs, that's about it though.
I may have seen you there a few weeks ago over the 4th of July weekend. I saw a few other FJ'S while I was there which was more than I saw last year. Mine stuck out a little this time compared to the the other Titanium Metallic FJ's. With the body armor and such. I'll be heading back that way again. Not sure how soon as of yet.

Did all the moding on mine myself except for the OME 3" lift. So using my vinyl cutter made up my own TRD badges to slap down on the sides. In front of the rear wheel wells. The sturdy front and rear bumpers as well as the winch. Don't impeed progress on anything I have run into so far. May change the rims, But I like the look of the Toyo's as do others the way it sits.

Hey Ziggy,

Sounds like you're on the way to a very nice rig. Need pictures though.

Would like to see what kind of vinyl you've chopped up. :cool:

I would say get what you want but if you're going to wheel it you will damage it so collector value aside it all depends what you will do with it. I bought a Tacoma TRD offroad version and paidd $3,500+ for the package. 3 months later I removed most of the parts that made it a TRD (other than the seats) and upgraded with aftermarket. When I bought the FJ, I bought a plain ol FJ with locker and roof rack. The money I saved on a 'special' package I used to upgrade with aftermarket parts. I planned on using my FJ offroading and family adventures. I guess if you like the color scheme and don't plan on heavy wheeling a factory upgraded FJ will do nicely.

TRD, pic taken from the Kokopelli Expedition :D

Kokopelli-27.jpg

From the Top of the World ;)

Pan-Kokopelli-76.jpg

Pic from the "Rose Garden"

IMG_2495.jpg

Pic from Hell" Revenge in MOAB

IMG_2536.jpg

Pic from the Imogene Trail in Ouray, CO

Imogene-21.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Nice rig there...do you have a JOB?! Between your build up & all the places it's seen, if you DO have a job, I want one like YOURS!!

Nice rig there...do you have a JOB?! Between your build up & all the places it's seen, if you DO have a job, I want one like YOURS!!

:lol:....Yeh, I just wish it gave me MORE time to hit the trails....Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom