Transmission/transfer seal questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the info cruiser_guy, I may need that input transfer gear. How much play is in your used one? If I dont replace it, I assume the only real problems it would cause is a clunking when I accellerate, or back off the throttle letting the engine reduce vehicle speed.. Let me know what you want for the gear (my transfer is 76 fj40, I think all the transfers were the same though internally). thanks.

Mike

Mine does not have much slop if I remember correctly. I had to replace it to accomodate the 3 speed transfer (three speed and 4 speed transfer cases ARE different internally). Only the case is the same or at least similar but they can be mated together. Count the teeth on the gear and let me know so we get the right gear in case someone has swapped transfer cases prior to you having the truck. It should have 16 splines if it's from a 4 speed. It'll have either 29 or 31 teeth depending on what it came from originally.

Is there any negatives to using the hose between the 2 to cycle back through I have the same issue and dont want to pull my trany again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom