Transmission/Shifter problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put the 07 FJ (20500 mi.) auto. trans. into Reverse this morning and...nothing happened! Ran the shifter thru all the gears a few times and then (huge clunk) engaged in Reverse. No problems since. Any ideas or similar issues out there? Thanks in advance.

Never had this happen or heard of it happening, but if it does it more than the one time, the first thing I would check is the fluid level of the ATF.

any more problems with the transmission? my auto transmission just went out - 07 w/ 72,000 miles. started shuddering changing gears and i took it staight to the dealer. they confirmed - new transmission is in order. anyone else have this issue?

there's been a number of bad transmissions in these things at my shop.
Most, but not all, have been traced back to jiffy lube or some other aftermarket shop putting dexron in the transmission.
the other are a mix of water in the atf and transmissions just going bad. bearing or clutch pack comes apart and problems commence.

hi all
Wrote on this forum before about my trammy and to this day still having problems shifting. The dealers say they can't do anything until a code appears. I copy and paste all the info that was on this site and still no results so today I packed it in and bought a new rav4. Just tired of fighting with them. I want to thank all for the tremendous help that I got and though I am now a rav4 owner I still plan to stay on your site, its just the most informative site and its FREE. Thanks fellows
Rusty1

Forgot to ask, is there a site like this for rav4 again thanks.
rusty1

In regards to the transmission we just had replaced, we have never had our FJ serviced by anyone other than the local Toyota dealer. Every service was done exactly to specs set down by Toyota. We have been very gentle with this vehicle - taken great care not to stress the transmission by changing gears from reverse to drive only when completely stopped, etc. The dang thing just went bad all on its own. We plan on keeping this vehicle as a farm vehicle for many, many years when it retires from its daily life of being driven by a sales rep. I'm just glad that we have a lifetime warranty on the drivetrain.

My FJ (07) is 24,500 miles old and I am feeling a small kick in the transmission.
When a come to a full stop I can sometimes feel when the 1st gear engages. At first I thought I was loose to the foot on the break, but then pressing hard felt it again. Couple of days ago, another FJ owner said he had the same problem.
Any ideas?

My FJ (07) is 24,500 miles old and I am feeling a small kick in the transmission.
When a come to a full stop I can sometimes feel when the 1st gear engages. At first I thought I was loose to the foot on the break, but then pressing hard felt it again. Couple of days ago, another FJ owner said he had the same problem.
Any ideas?

If you've got the AC and/or Defrost running, you'll get a "surge" when it cycles. Sound like what might be happening...

If you've got the AC and/or Defrost running, you'll get a "surge" when it cycles. Sound like what might be happening...

I'm getting this lately... It almost feels like someone rear ends me when I stop - just a bump forward. Strange feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom