Transmission shift solenoid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replace cable,pull pan,clean screen,flush oil until clean.It will prob. run like new. my 2 cents Mike

I tried to order a cable to replace mine- was informed that "I have never sold one", from someone that I would concider super knowledgable. So I adjusted mine,

When I started the adjustment it looked like the Pic AT4252 in the FSM. When I was finished, it looks like there is too much of the stopper showing.

However the shifting is what I would call smoother. (muchmuch smoother) very pleased.

Maybe the cable streached from the stopper to the end? or perhaps the stopper is loose. I should check that.

Now I need to order, a new throttle cable mine is thrashed. (worn out junk)

I need to replace those bulbs, the (OD/off, and D) however I cannot find a refrence in the FSM.

It almost looks like you have to pull the steering wheel to get the dash panel out?

I have searched a bit cannot find any refrences to changing those bulbs. Might have to PM the master of the LED

Maybe the cable streached from the stopper to the end?

The cable definitely stretches (significantly) over time: the FSM spec. should only be considered valid for relitively new cables, not ones that are 10+ years old.

Oh, and your "super knowledgable" contact is incorrect: plenty of folks here have replaced that cable.

Curtis

The cable definitely stretches (significantly) over time: the FSM spec. should only be considered valid for relitively new cables, not ones that are 10+ years old.

Oh, and your "super knowledgable" contact is incorrect: plenty of folks here have replaced that cable.

Curtis

Perhaps I missunderstood him, But I believe he said, " I have never sold one of those"

Maybe he meant never sold one to a DIY person, only to Toyota Mechinacs.

Maybe he will chine in

Not trying to hijack this thread but, My 93 has been shifting funny for the last three months. I took the truck in for a evaluation. And on the way to the shop the truck started shifting perfectly.. What gives?? could this be the cable.?? and sensitive to Out side temp.. its been shifting beautiful for a week now..

I am experienceing some minor transmission issues.

I have searched and the shift solenoid seems to be the knowledgable response. Or linkage adjustment

Anyway, everyone says the transmissions a bulletproof

However, I don't see any response from the origional posters with issues stating that the solenoid was actually the issue. I am hoping for some feedback for 80 series owners on weather or not the shift solenoid were the issue.

I am taking my rig in for a flush and fill in the morning, with the option of a screen clean if the tech thinks its necessary. (this is an extra 110.00)

I currently have dirty looking fluid, and what I would call clunky shifting from 1-2 while car is in D.

I need a FSM, will order one tomorrow, Rig is a 1993

Also- what is the recomended code reader??

Did you ever replace the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom