Transmission ID (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
elvinsmith.com
I have had several cruisers over the years and have now purchased a basket case 60 that has a ton of extra parts. The guy I bought it from was not a cruiser guy and had bought it as a collection of parts as well. It is a 1983 FJ60. According to the guy I bought it from there was an extra transmission because one of them was "better". I have owned 60s with the stock transmission as well as one with an H41 that was excellent and one with the H55 that was simply amazing. I didn't do either swap so I don't know what they look like intimately.

Anyway there is a complete drive-train all bolted together and a free floating transmission with the rest of it. On the bolted together engine/trans/TC the transmission has an extension and the bellhouseing says 3F. I can't get it to move with my hand and when I put a shift lever in I couldn't get it to move either so I can't confirm the shift pattern. I am thinking if I separate it from he engine I may be able to get it to turn but the transfer case outputs wont spin. I think it has gotten jammed up getting moved around so many times out of the vehicles.

I am attaching pictures. Any ideas?

20230329_155258.jpg

20230329_164435.jpg

20230329_164454.jpg

20230329_164500.jpg

Do you know the idler shaft size?

I believe in 1985+ all have 38 mm idler shaft compared to previous 34mm.

Atleast this way you can try and find the year- howver I notice it is a 4 speed- no shift linkage on the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom