Transfer case linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you do this install without removing the top cover of the transfer case?

Thought that might be the case. You actually may have a problem with the high speed gear in the transfer case. It is a peculiarity of 1975.

Thought that might be the case. You actually may have a problem with the high speed gear in the transfer case. It is a peculiarity of 1975
Thought that might be the case. You actually may have a problem with the high speed gear in the transfer case. It is a peculiarity of 1975.
I think I'll remove it and see if @orangefj45 has time to rebuild it for me. Thank you for your help

I think I'll remove it and see if @orangefj45 has time to rebuild it for me. Thank you for your help
Just an FYI: I rebuild transfer cases too. And have been doing so for four decades. :)

Just an FYI: I rebuild transfer cases too. And have been doing so for four decades. :)
Sorry I should have realized that. Where are you located? Georg is a 45 minute drive from me.

Hey Barney.
Thanks for the text. Looking at the pics in this thread, I'd say the first thing you should do is to disconnect the HNL linkage from the t-case, then use a wrench on the HNL lever ( supplied by AA in their twin-stick kit ) that's at the top cover and see if you can shift it into all 3 positions.
To me, it looks like the HNL shifter handle is hitting the body so you'll need to trim some sheet metal and it should work.
If that's the case, then you do not have an internal issue in the t-case so there wouldn't be a need for you to remove it or bring the cruiser to me.

Try that, let us know the results. We'll get this figured out.

Happy top help!

Georg

Valley Hybrids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom