Trailer Connector - No right-hand turn signal power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm wiring up trailer lights and would like to do it as cleanly as possible. Only using the trailer connector and ground. I found a helpful youtube video. Thanks if you are on the forum

Before I tap the right side wiring, I was hopeful that maybe someone had solved this one already?

I started chasing this GY wire up the passenger side of the truck a 1996 KZJ90 to the front door so far.
No RH power.jpg

I had the exact same problem. The right turn signal wire in my harness pigtail was dead and I had to run a wire across to the right hand light to make it work. Assumed mine had been damaged, but maybe it's something more common?

I had the exact same problem. The right turn signal wire in my harness pigtail was dead and I had to run a wire across to the right hand light to make it work. Assumed mine had been damaged, but maybe it's something more common?
Great to hear another person had the same issue. There is a GY wire to the plug, I chased it upfront but then decided it was easier to just tap the right-hand light. My 90 is a SWB so the jack and little storage area is on the right anyway and I want to store the trailer connector and wire inside. But it bugs me because my goal is to try and do everything as OEM as possible.

The easiest way the get a trailer connecter in the Prado 90's is a 1st gen Rav4 harness kit. The taillight connectors are the same. You just have to repin a few wires. I think the reverse and the blinder need a swap. But trace them to make sure. Super easy!!

The easiest way the get a trailer connecter in the Prado 90's is a 1st gen Rav4 harness kit. The taillight connectors are the same. You just have to repin a few wires. I think the reverse and the blinder need a swap. But trace them to make sure. Super easy!!
Good to know! I started with a 4runner harness and it only had a 4-pin connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom