TRAIL TAILOR - REAR BUMPER - 100 Series Land Cruiser/LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definitely in for the next group buy

I’d be interested in the next one too.

I'm interested too, following up

Definitely in for the next group buy

I’d be interested in the next one too.

Not sure when that will be. I have the base design on the website now for purchase. I have 15 coming in from the laser shop next week. 10 dual arms and 5 no arm designs. All the arms are now laser cut and well as the quarter hoops. Pretty much streamlined it to where we just bend, fit and weld now.

Another batch of rears headed to powder next week.

Jason

IMG_20210320_124157022.jpg

IMG_20210320_124353237.jpg

IMG_20210320_124315646.jpg

IMG_20210320_124812129.jpg

Mine is at the powder coater. Can't wait to get and install!

Got mine on Friday, can't wait to try and install next weekend. Powder coating arrived in immaculate condition.

Picked up my bumper from J last Thursday and installed it the same day. Super easy install- the hardest part is cutting out the cross member.

0415211554.jpg

Once you're at this stage the bumper will hang off of the rails and bolt up easily. The rest is just putting things on a piece at a time.

Jacobs-0014.jpg
Jacobs-0023.jpg
Jacobs-0024.jpg
Jacobs-0018.jpg
Jacobs-0022.jpg

I temporarily wired the lights to the 7 pin. With this method you're unable to separate the function of the turn and brake lights, so the ambers remain disconnected for now. I'll integrate it more fully in the future.

Super happy with the bumper and whole process.

Looks good. So far all I have is two boxes of hardware. Need the rest. Looking forward to getting everything in and on.

Picked up my bumper from J last Thursday and installed it the same day. Super easy install- the hardest part is cutting out the cross member.

View attachment 2650981

Once you're at this stage the bumper will hang off of the rails and bolt up easily. The rest is just putting things on a piece at a time.

View attachment 2650985View attachment 2650987View attachment 2650988View attachment 2650989View attachment 2650990

I temporarily wired the lights to the 7 pin. With this method you're unable to separate the function of the turn and brake lights, so the ambers remain disconnected for now. I'll integrate it more fully in the future.

Super happy with the bumper and whole process.

Got my bumper and gas can on installed and need to work on the lights next. What’s the reason you can’t utilize the 7pin completely? Assuming everything will have to be pulled down from the tail lights?

Looks good.. Did it come with detail instructions on installation? I'm still waiting for mine to ship out.

-Jackson

Got my bumper and gas can on installed and need to work on the lights next. What’s the reason you can’t utilize the 7pin completely? Assuming everything will have to be pulled down from the tail lights?

U.S. 7 pins combine turn and brake into one light and one set of leads. I wired the reds to the turn/brakes as both ambers and reds are legal for turn signals, and reds are required for brakes. Now you could wire the ambers to the turn/brake and wire the reds to your 12+ that feeds the electric brakes on the trailer (not sure how this would work with LED's), but then the ambers would still go solid when you step on the brakes. Pulling turns and brakes down from the taillights is easy as the entire assembly can be removed and you can tie into the wires, but you'll have to drill, grommet and seal the penetration on both sides. Backup lights are another issue, as on some models the backups are in the tailgate. That's how mine are and I'll probably continue to pull those off the 7 pin.

Looks good.. Did it come with detail instructions on installation? I'm still waiting for mine to ship out.

-Jackson

None needed really. There are very few parts that have to be attached and it's pretty hard to screw it up.

I got everything off and I'm ready to cut off the cross member. Do you remove the entire cross member to include the muffler hanger? If yes, how do I go about with securing the muffler end? Or do I cut just enough to leave a bit of the cross member with muffler hanger?

Thanks,
Jackson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom