Trade OME 860 (2.5 Medium Rears) for your OME 863 (Heavies) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to add some weight on my FZJ's rear end soon and I will need to step up the suspension to the OME Heavy 2.5" model 2863 rear springs to accomodate. Currently running the 2.5" lift with the OME 860's (mediums).

If you are looking to go softer and have some used 863's to trade for my 860's, let's talk.

Or, if you have a pair of the 863's in decent shape sitting around your garage doing nothing, I might be interested in purchasing them. LMK.

Thanks Jackson. I think that the J's would give me too much lift in the back. I'm adding a net of about 150-200 pounds.

I'm running 850j/863's as I learned and like how my lift looks leveled. Now I would be interested as I'm not going to be adding anything in the rear but would the 860's still keep my lift leveled? Would not want to look like I'm pre running my 80. All the weight I add is 3rd row seats, dogs, stroller and load from costco.

If your running the J's up front then likely the 860 Mediums in the back will drop your rear by about 1/2 inch and give you a little reverse stink bug (pre-runner) compared to your look today. Loaded with groceries it would likely get a little worse.

I am running 851 front and 860 rear. Both are OME Mediums. I have no additional weight in the front currently except for an extra battery, but that does not seem to cause any noticeable droop.

Pete, I run the 863 rears and 850J front. Mostly level ride but still a tad stink bug.

For someone wanting the ride of the medium rear springs, throw in the rear spacers and it should be perfect. I did this on my old 80.

Thanks Steve. This is a great potential solution, did not think of that. I may even have a set of spacers at the house that I can try. Thanks.

I'm late to the party, but have a set of 863's sitting in a box I'd swap for the 860's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom