Traction Control Light After Dragging (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There's a long background story behind here, but the issue at hand is that a friend's street driven, pristine, poser FJ was dragged sideways from it's rear tow hook yesterday. Everyone in the office just assumed the street queen was up to his usual parking jackassery... Now, his traction control light is on while driving. Any theories why this would happen? I searched for info on VSC, TRAC, and ATRAC, but I can't find anything that indicates that the system would care. Don't all three use ABS sensors? Is there a sensor in the diff? It seems like trail use would be much more abusive than a little parking lot drag. I can't believe it's related. Maybe he just didn't screw his gas cap back on properly. Any theories from the better educated?

There is an inertia switch in conjunction with wheel sensors, was it a jerk then drag?

That's interesting, good suggestion. Do you know what type of setup it is, unidirectional accelerometer perhaps? I don't have an FSM for the FJ. Where is the sensor located? There was little to no drag though. It was a very gentle, gradual slide on rain soaked asphalt.

Wow, that's a new one to me. I'd take it into the dealer and neglect to tell them why the light is on... Should be a warenty repair issue...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom