Toyota Warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1997 FZJ80 and bought an extended Toyota ExtraCare Warranty when I bought the vehicle. As it is going to end in December, I'm thinking I should take it in to have Toyota go through it from bumper to bumper. But, would they be shooting themselves in the foot if they found something wrong and had to replace it ? Should I take it to someone other than Toyota ? Also, what are some specific areas that I should have them look at that they would be likely to cover (ahem....C-Dan) ? Like the headers for example, which are covered in rust.

Thank you,

Matt

When I had mine in for the warranty birf replacement :-* :flipoff2:, I had them investigate a slop in the trans and a few other things. Get it noted on the work order 'cause a few weeks after my certified warranty expired so did my trans. Got a new one totally covered, minus $50, cause of the note on the prior work order.
grinning-smiley-039.gif

If I have Toyota go through the vehicle, are they likely to point out any problems ? Should I take it to a non-toyota dealership mechanic ? What is likely to be in need of repair ?

Thank you,

Matt

Matt,
If you're doing this to document issues just before the warranty expires, then it would be in Toyota's best interest to not find anything wrong with your truck.

If you drive it every day and do your own maint on it, you would likely know if there are current issues with it or not. If so, when it's at the dealer, have them note it on a work order and get a copy (and KEEP it). That said, if you don't drive it every day and/or don't do your own maint, or even if you do, there may be other issues creeping up, but even with Toy's certified warranty inspection, there is very little they catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom