Parting Out Toyota Troopcarrier 1993 Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is Izzy, she is my pride and joy. She just turned 25 so will be imported into the USA (EPA exempt etc) over the coming weeks, alternatively sold to any traveller of camper that wants it – see who jumps first basically. Will aim to be in Texas, USA, by about 20th of June and travelling about a bit before looking to sell at the end of June. Am asking 42k US but am flexible for a nice person :)

Background – Landcruiser Troopcarriers are rare in the USA because of the chicken-truck-tax rule i.e. they have to be 25 years older or more. This one had her birthday in February. I keep receipts for everything and fortunately so did the people before me so there are receipts for all the work listed below and for the last ten years i.e. rooftop tent all engineering approved, re-built engine all receipted. I have an entire file and will hand that over with the purchase. In the last 20k I’ve done regular oil changes, filters etc greased and monitored everything I possibly could. If you’re new to Troopies, they are slow (she’s 25 years old and a 4x4, not a 2018 Ford Fiesta) with the turning circle of oil tanker, but the hardest damn thing you will ever buy with one of the best engines ever made. Plus, everything is manual so you have less things to go wrong. She has some scratches here and there as they do but no rust underneath, chassis is solid.

NOTE – Izzy is RHD and manual, so if you want that extra bit of special stand-out vehicle, this is it!

I’m Australian, so is Izzy, and since March I’ve been driving north from Chile to North America. You can read all in my blog at antipodeanadventure.com – this will detail the trip and how well the vehicle has been doing. I like being honest, no time for anything else so ask me anything and I’ll tell you. She has started every time without a hitch regardless of 45C degrees or -10C (113 or 13F!) and whatever the terrain – Izzy marched up 5000m ranges without missing a beat in Bolivia, cruised everywhere as per her namesake.

· Odometer reads 445,000km (maybe a bit more when I get to the USA, perhaps another 5-7k)

· Engine rebuilt on 330,000km, so a 115k on the engine since the rebuild

· Big Bull Bar and side-steps

· Before Leaving Australia (18k kms ago) - New Timing Belt, Radiator Flush, New Swivel Hubs, New Seatbelts, Tyres, and Front Brakes, Heavy Duty Clutch and Dual Brand-New Century Batteries – 75A for Cranking Battery, 100A Deep Cycle for Secondary

· New Exhaust 60k ago

· New insulated and soundproof carpet in the cabin

· Replaced the uncomfortable Landcruiser seats with Volvo ones which are awesome! Couldn’t get the heated part of the seats to work but the driver’s electrics work fine bar the memory function (that needs a Volvo CPU!). All original fittings are there if you wanted to rip them out and put in Landcruiser ones, but these have been like a pair of couches

· Trakka Rooftop Tent fitted with dual function – tilt open the top and you have a double bed (mattress, pillows, quilt), or lift the double bed up to give you more breathing space

· Hot water shower TWINE system installed under the bonnet/hood

· Built in 40 Litre Water Tank for the shower

· Twin-diesel 90 litre tanks giving you a total of 180 litres and a range of about 1300/1400 km comfortably

· Brand New King Winch

· Kings Side-Awning

· LED Light Bar and Spot Headlamps

· All new tyres fitted 18k ago - Monsta All Terrains (Australian Company) 265/R16

· Spare tyre fitted to the back

· Drop-down cooking tray and butane cooker

· Tinted Windows

· Two Large wooden storage boxes which sits two single mattresses/seats – fabric is removable, waterproof, and fitted over especially made memory foam mattresses

· 600W Inverter installed

· Mains Electric hook-up

· Max-Traxx to help you get out of any bogs or sand

· Waeco 40 litre fridge-freezer with USB outlet

· UHF Long Distance Radio

· New JVC stereo with USB plug-in – stereo has removable face for Security

· 200W Solar Panels with 10A solar regulator installed in the glovebox

· KORR LED Camping Light Kit at the back

· Couplertec 4WD Electronic Rust Protection System

· 2 camping chairs

· New Upholstered cabin

· 30 litre safe to keep laptops, gold bullion, whatever you got!

· Rear-spot light for reversing/camping

· Reversing Camera and 1080P forward facing camera

· Giant Air Compressor to get you out of trouble if needed and a bottle jack

· 2 x Triangles, fire extinguisher and fluorescent jacket required for South America (Argentina from memory)

· Pots, pans, plates, lots of tools and wrenches, grease gun, spare parts and hoses etc all the stuff you need to travel the Americas, there’s a 12V fan etc all sorts of stuff

Stuff that needs doing:

· I’d replace the grommits on the tie-rod ends (few bucks each to replace)

· I’d remove the two non-functioning 100W panels at the top and replace with another 200W panel. I never got around to removing the old panels but the 200W panel I planted at the back has been amazing and not missed a beat. So if you want extra juice I’d replace the older 100W ones which no longer work. It’s purely an aesthetic thing really.

· Replace the Air Con amplifier (about 30USD on ebay)

· Two things that happened before I brought it that the previous owner didn’t tell me about: there is a ding on the back door covered by the spare tyre and a knock to the rear bumper on the left. Both aesthetic and not something you’d notice but as above, prefer you knew everything

20180424_074435.jpg

20180426_151627.jpg

20180430_131414.jpg

20180522_102920.jpg

20180522_102939.jpg

Hey brother! Glad you finally made it over to MUD!! :clap::steer: You put your sweet rig in the wrong section though. :doh: This is where you’d part out parts of it. You wanna be in 70 series. I’ll tag you over there so you know what I’m talking about! :D WELCOME! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom