1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOYOTA EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue)... ON-LINE!!!

Discussion in '70-Series Tech' started by lulo, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Toyota Kijang

Toyota Kijang

Sir...

How is it a BS when I am telling you the truth that toyodiy dot com no longer has the diagrams. They don't !

I am not making this up !

You're welcome to check it for yourself. Go ahead click toyodiy.com and click parts reference and see it for yourself.

Why are some ppl so stubborn? *scratching head*

2. Snailtrail

Snailtrail

It must be only certain countries that have been affected, as i havent had any problem viewing the diagrams on the Toyodiy.com site, while all along ive been reading posts from others about the issues their experiencing.

Is it only people in the US that are having these issues? Maybe Toyota USA have something to do with it?

All good down here in NZ :steer:

3. 83bj60

83bj60

Exactly... Hence use a proxy to hide where you are browsing from if you're in the zone controlled by the evil empire...

RMP&O likes this.
  4. Toyota Kijang

Toyota Kijang

Okay thanks to you two.

Wow.

Now this raises concern is it true really that the diagrams are blocked for US viewers only? Is it?

If it's so then this only confirms my suspicion that Toyota only tries to protect itself from liability. Yup. Welcome to America folks. The land of Mr. and Mrs Sue Happy.

Can you guys open this link?

ToyoDIY.com

Can you read the news that was published by the toyodiy site from December 6 2009?

5. SimonInAustralia

SimonInAustralia

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, and can you read where it says this...

...so just use the f'ing thing, as described a couple of posts above, and STFU about it!

6. Toyota Kijang

Toyota Kijang

Then how do you explain this?

Excerpt from toyodiy.com
    Site news:

6 December, 2009
    The diagrams are no longer available on this site. For reasons that are beyond our comprehension, Toyota Motor Sales Inc. kept harrassing our ISP about them. It seems that they are really interested in quick profits from new car sales, so it is in their best interest that old cars fall apart asap. The progress of course cannot be stopped, and the diagrams are available on numerous other websites around the world, so we feel this change will not have any significant negative impact on Toyota DIY-ers.
    Contact us if you need help or have any other question about this change. Extra info for registered forum members.
    At ToyoDIY, we strongly believe in our right to repair our own vehicles. You can help by raising awareness of the issue. Details can be found at www.righttorepair.org.

7. SimonInAustralia

SimonInAustralia

Media:
    Albums:
    There is nothing to explain.

As mentioned earlier, there are ways to get around it.

Just use it, and STFU about it, as they have asked.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  8. drfvdr

drfvdr

WOW awesome,have found all the models of vehicles that we run,From a KZH116g Hiace to a BB58m AWD Coaster Bus :)

9. kbushnz

kbushnz

Well it looks like the borg has caught up with the rest of the world... No diagrams now shown for us down under.... Thats Aussie and NZ.....

10. VictorLj70

VictorLj70

Yep, same here, Diagrams is gone, couple of weeks back they were there.. Goddamnit.. Good.bye from Sweden

11. 83bj60

83bj60

The Hell with Copyright!

This has got to be one of the most aggaravating news I've heard on this forum, this abuse has got to stop! Have the site owners been threatened? Why don't we all sign a petition to Toyota and let them know how we feel? Or have they become one more fascist corporation that has the power to dictate whole countries how to behave?

Wait till the TPP gets adopted... You haven't seen anything yet... We're headed towards a global prison state system...

12. 83bj60

83bj60

Tried three proxies in foreign countries unlikely to be bullied by the US and so far, no joy.

Does anyone know whether the graphics are totally gone from the server or are there any remaining countries that can still access it? We have to save this resource from corporate tyranny!

13. 83bj60

83bj60

I should have known... Why didn't I think about it right away?

What country was brave enough to resist US bullying and give asylum to the whistleblower who revealed the NSA Spying Scandal and the US Owellian Police State Surveillance Apparatus?

RUSSIA!!! As unbelievable as it seems for us old timers who were around during the Cold War, Russia has become a heaven of freedom for Internet users :D

Folks, The Online EPC still works if you are in Russia, so set up your browser to use a Russian proxy such as 46.181.135.215:3128 and voilĂ ! The pictures are back online :) Of course, it's slow from our side, but at least we're able to defeat censorship and get the EPC to work like it should :)

14. damienperu

damienperu GOLD Star SILVER Star

Pictures now gone as of a week ago for me in Peru as well... oh well, Toyota will now get less money from me if I can't research the parts I needed to replace, I mean what is the sense really, am I going to sell my car and buy a brand new one just because can't research the part numbers and options before ordering from toyota (saving their spare part guys hours of valuable time they'll now have to give me for the same part price!)... I remember I started to make a database of all the diagrams for my vehicle a couple of years back but after a few pages I thought why bother, I can access this anytime... I'll be doing that asap if I can get the Russian proxy to work.

15. BJ74PE

BJ74PE

Toyota EPC alternatives

Calm down people, don't sale your rigs (yet)! hahaha. I was upset too when I found that toyodiy retired all the diagrams; however, in my search for partnumbers I found 2 other sites that worked perfectly for me (currently located in Peru). They are not as ease to use as the previously quoted site but might do the job for us I hope:

http://jp-carparts.com/
    http://www.partsbase.org/

Let's try to keep it down and not blow whistles so we can get advantage of these 'til they get removed... I suggest we all start building up our own EPC's.

Cheers and vibes from Peru!

16. damienperu

damienperu GOLD Star SILVER Star

cool thanks, the second one has my vehicle, the first not... are you in the landcruiser peru club?

17. 83bj60

83bj60

Great alternatives! Thanks for the tip!

18. BJ74PE

BJ74PE

Hi Damien! Sure, we actually know each other and have been doing business with spare parts! haha, glad it worked.

Glad I could help out, cheers!

19. cmarin85

cmarin85

Just Paid For the EPC

i had to pay to buy the dvd with all of the epc from toyota :meh:. I found a guy from my country venezuela selling it over :bang:

20. 470 rigby

470 rigby

Hi all,
    Have just picked up a Lj 72 RV KR RHD and wish to know if there is a parts book with complete diagrams photos available and where I can purchase one.Also there is a knob for differential lock below the steering column when I switch it on an indicator in the meter cluster lights up......but how so I check of it's working?might sound dumb but there is no audible noise when I put the diff lock switch to ON position?

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">