Towing Brake Controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new 2004 Land Cruiser with the factory hitch and 7 pin trailer plug. The plug is fully functional. There is supposed to be a plug somewhere under the dash that will allow me to hook up an electronic brake controller. Toyota sent me a diagram of the instrument panel which vagely shows a plug, (T18) called Towning brake controller. I have had several mechanics and trailer shops try to find this plug but were unsuccessful in doing so. Does anyone know where this plug is in relation to the dash and what color wires are attached?

Joe R.

yes, went thru the hunt myself.
Folks on the Edmunds disc forum were very helpful.
Go there and check the past posts.
Bottom line is that there is connector under there, but it's tucked in out of sight.
Interesting bit is that there is no corresponding pigtail connector to plug in selling for the LC but supposedly the Tundra one will work.
have fun
E

Went to a friend of mine who is a parts manager at a local Toyota dealer. We spent about an hour just looking at the computer diagrams. It shows the plug, but is very vague where its location is. He got one of the mechanics to look for it and found it connected up on top of the thick, wrapped harness in the area of the ignition switch by the steering column. I was given the jumper supplied in the glovebox of the Seguoia which is wired correctly for the L/C and snapped it right on. Everything tests fine, eveything works!

Joe

may have remembered this wrong, was going by memory. So it's the Sequoia, not Tundra then, or are they the same? Do you have a part number, by any chance?
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom