Tow Rating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all!!

Sorry pushed the wrong button...
So we are looking at a 2013 Coleman LT16BH. The GVWR is 3850 and the hitch weight is 460. I'm new to this whole towing thing and am not sure it would handle the load without blowing the motor up or running out of control going down a pass.
Any suggestions?

Hello. I'm assuming you are asking about pulling it behind the 60. I don't know their rated towing capacities, but a friend regularly pulls a 5,000 pound cargo trailer behind his FJ45 flatbed pickup with a 3FE/4 speed in it. I believe any trailer over 1,500 lbs. has to have trailer brakes, so those will help with the down hills. I did find this quip on Washington state trailer brake rules: "Required on all trailers on all wheels. Under 3000 lbs not required unless trailer exceeds 40% of the towing vehicle gross weight." I don't know how much the 60 weighs but my 40 ways right at 4,000 and my 45 weighs 4,400, so you are probably getting close loaded to the same weight as the vehicle. I personally would think it's ok, but I wouldn't want to go any heavier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom