Totaled...Really...??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So sorry that you have had to go through all of this. Deer (and other wildlife) can really do a number on our Toys, especially the newer models with more plastic in construction...I would pity a deer that got in the way of my ARB front bumper. With that being said, I would like to take this opportunity to share with all of you the simple way to try and avoid this type of tragedy....Deer Whistles! I have used these on my vehicles since the late '90's, driven on and off-road all over the US. Driven small country roads, highways, and off-road; fast or slow; good visibility or poor...and NEVER hit a deer. Oh I have come close, but the whistles emit a high pitched noise that gets their attention on you...the Driver! They work only when installed in pairs, with the proper one on the proper side, and evenly placed (one not higher or lower, forward or aft) but THEY WORK WELL!!

Anyway, good luck with your continued repair/insurance battle. I am in the midst of a battle of my own with my FJ40 that got rear-ended while accelerating up a hill on a 3-lane road...I suspect the old driver was asleep at the wheel...

Just made my Blizzard Pearl White bull bar available in the classifieds section if anyone is interested, not going to use it now that I have the MetalTech Deerslayer 5000... :steer:

20200102_221825.jpg
20200102_221837.jpg
20200102_221850.jpg
20200102_221901.jpg

This insurance/value thing is something to think about. I am looking for a great condition, low mileage LC or Sequoia. The price on the good ones is way over “book” value. Bottom line is if you get in an accident you are going to take a loss and maybe a large one. Not sure if there are special policies that would cover you for something like this?

This insurance/value thing is something to think about. I am looking for a great condition, low mileage LC or Sequoia. The price on the good ones is way over “book” value. Bottom line is if you get in an accident you are going to take a loss and maybe a large one. Not sure if there are special policies that would cover you for something like this?

You can acquire gap insurance if you take out a loan, which will pay what you owe as opposed to the declared value, but I paid cash for mine so...

Got the bumper on for mockup, still waiting for my new hood so I'm only using 4/6 of the mounting bolts until I get my custom fit. What do y'all think of the D-rings, keep the red or powder coat Pearl White to match the paint???

20200121_130409.jpg

I'd vote for red. First thing that came to mind otherwise was searching for a dropped shackle in the snow...

So, almost three months later and today I passed my rebuilt title inspection at the State Highway Patrol inspection station! I printed a MOUNTAIN of receipts and pics to document every detail and the ONLY thing they were interested in seeing/inspecting was the MetalTech bumper. Five minutes after leaving it with them in the inspection bay I was backing back out...weird but I'll take it!

Glad this all worked out for you. GREAT insurance info, gregnash. First thing I would do right now is DUMP STATE HARM, sorry Farm. They are known for flat out denying claims and making you fight tooth & nail to get anything. And most insurance companies count on you not having the time or patience to fight/argue with thenAlthough they process the premium checks with a quickness. If possible, USAA is the best. Never heard otherwise. Your GX is looking good. Might want to put some deer whistles on the new badass bumper....if those things even work! Thanks for sharing.

I am leaving State Sham, I've been driving 26yrs and have NEVER filed a claim, and not only did I battle over the value of my truck TWICE (before crash value, then salvage auction "buy back" value) but I was then billed $57 for a premium increase for having the audacity to call on them to fulfill their obligation. I will have my rebuilt title Monday and will be in a good spot to shop around.

Well, final post in the saga that has been this thread...I finally got my new hood painted and installed and got everything aligned up front. I do need to install my bumper trim and drill the "final fitment" bolt holes, but this will do until it warms up a bit outside, it's driveable and looks whole again. I will be returning to my stereo install thread shortly...

20200227_002743.jpg

20200227_002821.jpg

20200227_002852.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom