total composites - panels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used these for constructing a trailer? I am thinking of using for the roof. You can get up to 78" wide.

Years ago, I had looked into using honeycomb panels similar to theirs: Fiberglass Composite Panels | Total Composites

The idea would be to shape, cut, and bond the panels together and then fiberglass a shell over it all. Too many other projects and it never got off the ground.

Most of your insulated commercial truck bodies are similar to that - panels with either fiberglass or aluminum extrusions to hold it together. Typically, aluminum is used where you don't have insulation as the aluminum acts as a thermal bridge. I see that TC also does the aluminum extrusions: Extrusions - Total Composites Technologies Ltd. = Saves money building truck bodies

If you want a rectangular box, it would be a quick and easy way to go about it. If you don't need the insulation, there are similar systems with thinner panels so you don't lose as much space.

are you looking to sheet preexisting structure or use these panels as stand alone?

So, total composites only sells kits. Which is kind of cool, but doesn't work for me. @HandForged , I was looking for a panel for the roof of my trailer I'm building.

Look around you for a tractor trailer repair facility. They'll probably have similar materials and might be sweet talked into selling/ordering you a panel.

Genius. Good call. I was able to get 8ft wide rolled aluminum. This will work for the roof.

Look around you for a tractor trailer repair facility. They'll probably have similar materials and might be sweet talked into selling/ordering you a panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom