Top speed 85mph? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the fastest you have gone with the stock drive train for your 60/62?

it can even be a number you got only for a second, because if your going down hill you can get a few more mph.

anyone get to 85mph on the 4 speed 60's?

After mods what kind of speed can you get?

Nicholas

i think i went just shy of 80mph once, thought the truck was gonna explode, it made so much noise.
cruiseing highway for me is only about 55-60
hammer

ChicagoFJ60 said:
What is the fastest you have gone with the stock drive train for your 60/62?

it can even be a number you got only for a second, because if your going down hill you can get a few more mph.

anyone get to 85mph on the 4 speed 60's?

After mods what kind of speed can you get?

Nicholas

I have carb. 3F equiped FJ62 and fastest speed was somewhat more than 160km/h (100mph) on the down hill highway. (It's only depending on speedo meter - I don't have GPS :D )
Whan I ran 160 km/h, RPM was also exceed 4000 rpm
This speed was achived with H41 4speed trany with stock 3.7:1 differential gear ! (I swap to H55F at May 2005)
With H41 trany, I could easily reach to 140~150 km/h on highway always.
After swap to H55F, fastest speed is same with H41 but engine RPM is drop.
From last Sunday to yesterday, I went business travel with my FJ62.
I ran about 1500km on highway and could run about 140~150 km/h at anytime I want.

Oh, Min Seok

Last edited:
I've probably gotten up to the neighboorhood of 80 a couple of times. I've got 35's and 4.11 gears. I can cruise for a while at about 75mph. Generally I like to keep it somewhere near 70.

I'm planning on doing some 4.88's in the next year, and man, am I going to miss the overdrive. Guess I'll have to get some bigger tires :grinpimp:

The fastest I ever got in my 60 was 75 and thats pushing it. I just look at it as a ticket preventer.

My cruiser scares the hell out of me at 65+.... so I am the guy with the cruiser in the right hand lane with little old ladys zoomin by shooting me the :flipoff2: .

I regularly get 85 out of my 62. Of course that's going down the freeway from the mountains. Going up is a whole different story but can still pass the semis chugging uphill ;)

Gotten up to 85 without issues.... Can't say it really liked it but it did it and everything was still reatively smotth. 65 - 70 is the cruising speed on the highway... uuphill with 3.73s and 33s... more like 50

Too fast!

I like to cruise between 65 and 70, sometimes 75. It just seems like too much faster is pushing it, plus I like the idea of it being a ticket preventor! :)

With 33" tires and the H55 my cruiser will easily go well over 85mph, however, I only cruise comfortably at 70-75mph on a regular basis, anything over that is just way to fast for these trucks, even when brand new that was not safe and we all have things on our trucks that should probably be replaced.
Just think of it as a 6,000lb block of steel that is on 33" tall tires and you have to safly control it. Cruisers are not about speed.

with 33s and 3.73's i hit about 85 coming downhill but i didnt have it floored so i prolly coulda done a little more.

Brian

I cruise at 65-70mph and have gone 85ish downhill. I wouldn't recommend for the longevity of the truck going that fast too often.

I have a stock 130K engine, 4speed, 3:70's, 33's, OME suspension kit to tightent things up and lift it 2.5" :grinpimp:

With 33s and the 3.70s I could easly run up to 80 but it drank gas doing that. It didnt strain or get unstable, just gas hog. I prefered to cruiser around 70. But now I have 4.56s... not so fast anymore.

I was going to ask the same question myself, but I've had my 89 62 up to 100mph once with the 28" tires that came with it. The temp needle started climbing, so I had to throw the heater on and slow her down. I drive like a nut usualy, taking it up to 80 plus every day, with my 31's thats probably more like 85. Overdrive is the s***!

I've maxed the speedo out on my 60 twice now, the second time I had 31's and had a buddy run next to me, and according to him I was actually doing something in the 90's. It was loud, but amazingly smooth, I took my hands off the wheel for about 5 seconds, and it just kept going straight. Normally, I run with the speedo reading between 60-65. I guess wih 31's thats like 70?

zmontgomery said:
I've maxed the speedo out on my 60 twice now, the second time I had 31's and had a buddy run next to me, and according to him I was actually doing something in the 90's. It was loud, but amazingly smooth, I took my hands off the wheel for about 5 seconds, and it just kept going straight. Normally, I run with the speedo reading between 60-65. I guess wih 31's thats like 70?

What does the speedo read on a 60? Both my 62's read 110mph.

i had my 62 on sunday running anywhere from 65 to 90 going to pa from baltimore. gonna replace the master cylender tie rods and possibly balljoints befor i try any faster but i tell ya was pretty stable minus the wind shears on the mountains.

Hildy said:
What does the speedo read on a 60? Both my 62's read 110mph.

....when in doubt, look at his avatar.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom