Took a nice 3-4 week trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NMBruce

SILVER Star
Threads
Got home yesterday after going to the Arctic Ocean. It was a fun trip and I am glad I did, but next time I will go with people who like to camp and take it a little easier. It was great to go where I could drive to the Arctic and put my toes in it. The GX470 did great, but I have come to realize that it might not be the right truck for me. Sorry I didn't post here also, but I hope you guys like the pictures.
hope get the farthest north for a GX470

Great pictures! Almost 10,000 miles with the family? That’s pretty awesome. What’s up with the GX that it’s not the right vehicle? Just too small or what?

Great pictures! Almost 10,000 miles with the family? That’s pretty awesome. What’s up with the GX that it’s not the right vehicle? Just too small or what?

The GX is a really nice truck, but I can’t handle 13.5mpg. I do plan to do some load lighting and shed some weight, maybe sell the rear bumper and look at other stuff. One other problem I had was the right front seat, on a trip this long sometimes you get to sit there and for a person over 6’, it’s not the best seat, both my brother in law and I didn’t like it for long.
I am thinking of selling some stuff and keep the truck for a few years, then see what is out there that will suit my needs, maybe a new Tacoma or the new Ranger. My 2013 JKUR did this trip in 2014 with about the same equipment and weight and avg 16.5mpg, but I don’t want a Wrangler. A friend in a new JL pulling a teardrop avg 18mpg.
The Cooper ST Maxx tires I put on just before leaving did great, the JL had 1000miles on it and one of the BFG KO2 blew out a sidewall on the Dempster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom