hope get the farthest north for a GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NMBruce

SILVER Star
Threads
In 10 days I head north to a town call Tuktoyuktuk, Northest Territories in Canada, the lat/longs are 69° 26′ 34″ N, 133° 1′ 52″ W. The Inuvik-Tuktoyuktuk was only a winter "haul road" until Sept/Oct of last year, so we are hoping to be able to go to the Arctic Ocean/Bedford Sea.

Now if I get the group to go to Deadhorse, we will get a little father north 70°12′20″N 148°30′42″W , about 68 miles father north.

I will try to post as we go along the route, we will be driving most of the Alaskan Highway, the North Klondike Highway, the Dempster Highway, the Inuvik-Tuktoyaktuk highway and the Top of The World Highway, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...orial_highways. For a good amount of this trip will will have about 22-24 hours of daylight.

The must have done for the GX is done, some like to do's, might get finished, but maybe not. As for the trailer, it is mostly done, wait on a few things, minor and then the wants will have to wait.

I wish the girlfriend can go, but she working, hard being a top realtor in SW Colorado. I do have 2 other vehicles (new Wrangler JL Rubi, 200 series LX) going and 8 people.

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool trip! Post lots of images along the way!

That trek is on my list too. A couple of my buddies went up there (Prudhoe Bay) they said it was awesome. Lots of bugs tho, mosquitoes are thick up there. Good luck.

Sounds great man! Enjoy and yes please post some pics and trip updates. Not sure if you're on ExPo but would be great to chronicle the details there.

Sounds great man! Enjoy and yes please post some pics and trip updates. Not sure if you're on ExPo but would be great to chronicle the details there.

I am on Expo, not sure how much will get posted there, but it might just be a duplicate of here.

How much time do you have? Be sure to allow plenty of it for activities other than driving.

Looks like an awesome trip. Do you have HF priveldges? Doing a scheduled contact or two would be cool?

Get an in touch. Super easy way.

Carrying a 2 meter and CB. We have a print out of the repeater freq, but there are not many up in the Northwest Territory

Get an in touch. Super easy way.

Not sure what an in touch is, but one of the guys going has an emergency locator and it does txt messages if need

Fresh coat of wax on the front to protect from bugs and maybe some WD-40 underneath to keep the underside clean? Not typical trip prep but may be a good idea?

Maybe carry a small squeegee to give the windshield a good cleaning each morning?

I think I am ready

Needs to be washed and waxed tomorrow, everything else that has to be done is done, the wants will have to wait.

IMG_0087.jpg

Fresh coat of wax on the front to protect from bugs and maybe some WD-40 underneath to keep the underside clean? Not typical trip prep but may be a good idea?

Maybe carry a small squeegee to give the windshield a good cleaning each morning?

I have a hand scrubber and some window cleaner. I also keep the full the washer bottle after putting on the Demillio off road bumper

A couple more pictures
At the Arctic Ocean
88678DFB-33DA-49C8-89E4-2D823A62C4C5.jpeg

Toes in the Arctic Ocean
79B60EFC-0C6D-46D1-9487-B99CCD603489.jpeg

mud is everywhere. Will try to get a full truck pic tomorrow
66598FC4-C1AA-46DD-823F-C9130789D3FA.jpeg

BE19ACFD-F655-499D-A954-E8015D11F7CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom