Too Funny - 4x4 Rankings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TurboCruiser.... Have you ever been in an H2? Seems not. I'll tell you that my dad has one and gone off roading in Ocala. The thing was a beast. I don't know where you get going off on how it has poor performance, not reliable, can't fit, and all this other B.S. when you haven't even been in it. I'll I have to say is don't judge a book by its cover.

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=2;threadid=12419;start=msg114300#msg114300 date=1078320513]
TurboCruiser.... Have you ever been in an H2? Seems not. I'll tell you that my dad has one and gone off roading in Ocala. The thing was a beast. I don't know where you get going off on how it has poor performance, not reliable, can't fit, and all this other B.S. when you haven't even been in it. I'll I have to say is don't judge a book by its cover.
[/quote]

Hi Sammy, first of all, I was not wanting to offend you personally so I am sorry if I offended you. Secondly, yes, I have travelled extensively (many rough miles) in the H1, the real hummer, and they are impressive. I have also ridden around in three H2's and in my opinion they are not impressive, nor, in my opinion, are they hummers --- they are suburbans that are worked over for hummer like looks. Look man, I lived in Central America for 3 years and in Thailand for 1.5 years and I can tell you that the H2 would not last long in the real and rough world. The only vehicles that lasted long in those conditions were Land Cruisers and the old old old real Land Rovers. In Belize, Southern Mexico, and Guatemala, the 80 series was by far the best vehicle available for ability, reliability, comfort etc. In Thailand, although there were the mighty cruisers (40's, 60's), it was before the 80 came out so I cannot really say what is the best by far now, but of course it is a LandCruiser or it is a real LandRover. Anyway man, to answer your statement, I have ridden a lot of miles in original H's , and only a few miles in the H2 , but, I did not "judge a book by its cover", and, most importantly, I was not trying to offend you. So please accept my apology. Thanks.

No appology needed, I shouldn't have come off with that attitude. After all this is a forum, a place for oppinion, discussion.

- Peace, Sammy

Cool list considering how many of the top spot Toyota occupies. Only down side is a GM-nut coworker of mine is now pointing out that the Avalanche, which I make fun of on a regular basis, beat the LC. Oh well his input can't be too high, he test drove a Aztec last weekend. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

As far as the H2
Local 4wd club calls them a "Tahoe + 20" i.e. same as a Tahoe but $20k more. If I were to go beyond that I'd be talking out my arse as I've never had the chance to ride in one. But, anytime you drive something that looks like that, be prepared for criticism, right or wrong. Hey, my grandma thinks they're cool. ???

Well, I went and wrote something that sounded wrong...I reread my post to Sammy and thought to myself that what I wrote sounded like I was some frickin adventurer travelling the world through the most rugged conditions with the most rugged vehicles available. Well, sorry, I was only some stupid student stumbling my way through foreign lands while I was chasing as much foreign tail as possible!!! ;) I did do many many many rough miles in LandCruisers, LandRovers and even H1's so that is not incorrect but in reality, in the "real and rough" world that I mentioned, for the most part, people do not seek the sort of extreme four wheeling challenge that many on this forum seek and run regularly. In the real and rough world you need a LandCruiser or something similar cause you never know what condition the "roads" will be in, you never know which river is swelling, you never know how far the top mechanic is. To say that a Suburban or a H2 would not work is wrong, but to say it would not work for long is probably correct. BTW, the US government used both Suburbans and full-sized Blazers all the time over there but they were replaced with regularity of about once every four years. The 80 series vehicles that are used for the top brass there stay there for ten years or more before being sold to local markets. Anyway, just wanted to write this clarification and also to reiterate that the most important part of my post was that I was not wanting to offend anyone and in reality, we all dog the competition unfairly - hey we are proud people and that comes out loud and clear - I really have no strong opinion one way or the other about the H2, I was just being a jerk and dogging the H2 too much.

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=2;threadid=12419;start=msg114300#msg114300 date=1078320513]
[/quote]

I went wheeling with H2s twice. Neither were good experiences. The first time resulted in a broke front diff, broke rear diff, and a broke transfer case. This was on a Forest Service Road, not a trail. The front diff is a know problem. The second time the arrogant owners were clogging up the trail. I would not have felt bad about this if they would not have been so arrogant. Both of those H2 owners have been sent walking home because of breaks on the trail. I don't wish breaks upon anyone but sometimes justice is served.

would almost think the Lexus would have an edge over the Cruiser(due to the air suspension..ie more clearence)

John H

Actually the GX470 is the 4Runner based rig and the 4Runner is right above it. I guess the added price pushed it just below the 4Runner for CR. One of the big time 4wd magazines rated the GX higher than the 4Runner because of the options it came with. I can't remember why it was better but they did explain it. Memory lapse on my part. I'm not sure why the LX470 was excluded in the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom