TMAX Dual Battery Controller Output Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
During the install I managed to Blow the output Transistor in my Tmax Dual Battery controller.
You accomplish this by shorting the green wire from the controller to ground while powered.
Here are my uploads of the original install and the PCB repair and part #'s etc...
2013_Sierra_005.png

Attachments

• TMAX_DBS02_2004_Lay.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 322
  • TMAX_DBS02_2004_Sch.pdf
    151.8 KB · Views: 264
  • TMAX_DBS02_2004_Mos.pdf
    317.7 KB · Views: 348
NO NOT THE GREEN WIRE!!!

Poor guy, and he only had six months till retirement... :(

Cool system. Love the gauge panel.
The thing I don't like about mine (Blue Sea) is that I can't combine the batteries when I want them to be. Can you override the TMax?

Last edited:
Tmax has manual override via pushbutton on the unit and emergency override. When main dead the controller will
Only show auxiliary lights, if you look closely you will see I added diodes to allow override with whatever battery is still live.
Note flyback diode in the schematic as well, for whatever reason the designer put his inside controller. That's a design error, suppression must be at source or the transmission impedance can amplify the off Rev voltage pulse 100s of times destroying output.

I know this is an older thread, but been looking for it for ages, as stumbled upon it a while back after my system developed a fault after nearly catching fire, and melting the cables. The board doesn't look damaged.
My display/control unit only now shows the main battery display,and only partially works. Are the board mounted fuses replaceable and do you know if they affect the auxillary display?
Cheers in advance,if anyone sees this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom