TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Definatly was a little too good to be true. Plus no picture and short description always is suspicious

OK I took the bait and will see if it is real.

Yeah, I did too, not long after it was posted. Didn't hear back.

Whoever it is, has some knowledge of cruisers (unlike the thousands of scam ads for small tractors, where the poster has no clue what he's selling)

but yeah, I don't see what the end game is , other than just fxxxin' with people . :meh:

A few years ago I contacted an ad for a nice little diesel toyota pickup, decently low km's for only $1800
Turns out guy just put a desirable ad up with his ex girlfriends phone number so she would get hounded with calls.

A few years ago I contacted an ad for a nice little diesel toyota pickup, decently low km's for only $1800
Turns out guy just put a desirable ad up with his ex girlfriends phone number so she would get hounded with calls.

Now that you mention it, I remember a somewhat built 60 in lake cowichan getting posted...waaaayyy too cheap by a pissed off girlfriend. All the guy could do was wait for the ad to expire, and keep answering phone calls. :lol:

Yeah, I did too, not long after it was posted. Didn't hear back.

Whoever it is, has some knowledge of cruisers (unlike the thousands of scam ads for small tractors, where the poster has no clue what he's selling)

but yeah, I don't see what the end game is , other than just ****in' with people . :meh:

3 days later and no reply so it is a fake ad.

Fixed it for ya.

It's a hack job.. The 3 inch gap between fenders and cowl is a good hint.

I built something similar a few years back. Turned out ok, was a fun build, chopping out all the british s*** and putting in cruiser stuff, in theory it was a 60 with an aluminum body. In practicality, it made rover people talk to me, and there are few things more insufferable than rover people. So, I sold it to some hippies in victoria.

The posted truck was for sale on the side of the highway near me for ages, if it's owned by who I think it is...you'd want to make sure those arb's are still in the diffs when you towed it home.

If it was cheap enough that you could ditch the body for a 45 build it'd be ok, but not at 8500.

Fixed what?

I don't think the front clip is even bolted on, look at the frontal shot. No rust is nice, but British/Japanese amalgamations are not worthwhile IMO. Maybe it cost 25K so far because he spent 20 years grafting Prince Of Darkness with The Rising Sun wiring harnesses together for the wow factor.

Lucas the Prince of Darkness
lucaspod.gif

• Not many people know that Land Rovers attempted to market a computer. Why did they stop? They could not find a way to get it to leak oil!
  • A Land Rover doesn´t leak oil, it marks it´s territory. Did you hear about the man whose Land Rover didn't leak oil? The factory took it backand worked on it until it did.
  • Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night? They all look the same. " - "He replied, "It does not matter which one you use, nothing happens !"
  • The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
  • Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
  • Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
  • Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
  • The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
  • The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
  • >Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
  • Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
  • "I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou..."
  • If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.
  • A friend of mine told everybody he never had any electric problems with his Lucas equipment. Today he lives in the countryside, in a large manor with lots of friendly servants around him an an occasional ice cold shower...
  • Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.
  • Q: Why do the British drink warm beer? A: Because Lucas makes their refrigerators
  • Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
  • Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Here is the rest;

http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html

Fixed as in removed "invested" and replaced it with "spent"

Meh, I removed every inch of wire and threw in a 60 harness. Easier than messing with anything Lucas. Trying to splice to that s*** would've been horrible.

Funny I heard about the fenders on that truck not fitting properly about ten years ago...:lol: I knew someone who used to do work for the guy who owned it.

Dad swiped up that old crust bucket today. Got some great salvageable parts with it, and the odo reads 15k, although that could be 115k or 315k... but everything under and inside is surprisingly decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom