TiredIron's Homemade sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
tired-iron.mounet.com
Here's some pictures of my sliders, a friend of mine and I designed these and made them from scrap metal from a local salvage yard. The round tubing is 1" and is 3/16 thick as is the 1.5 square tubing They bolt in the rear and will be welded in the other connecting points.
TLC_122.jpg

TLC_123.jpg

TLC_124.jpg

TLC_125.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see your imagination didn't stop with the axles!

I also made the wifes sliders....cash savings was so worth it.

Have fun in Moab....we did last year.

If you make these for FJ80s there are quite a few people here who want to get some (make a few sets :) ). Right now I don't think anyone makes FJ80 sliders due to the different cat placement.

I would weld scab plates on the end of the legs, and be sure to add some angle bracing.

i saw those on your site. They should look very nice.

Those look nice!
So what's your next mod?

Man you do good work. Your truck is getting tons of mods really quick. I wish I had the skills to do that kind of work myself. Looking good.

TiredIronGRB,

please write up the procedure/steps you went through to construct these and any other detail info. I will link it and add to the FAQ slider section currently under construction. If you don't mind.

The round 1" tubing is schedlue 80, it comes out 6" and is angled up 25 degrees up from the square 3/16" x 1.5" tube , we used 3/16" x 2" flat stock to make the rear mounts that bolt in the running board mounting holes, the DS also mounts on the front with the 3/16" x 2" flat stock using the Cat shield mounting holes. The sliders are 60" long and have two square 3/16" x 1.5" tube supports that are welded directly to the frame. I weight 230lbs and I can stand on them without them flexing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom