Tire/wheel size question - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forums and I am in need of some advice - well more clarification than advice really …

I have an 87’ FJ60 on stock suspension rolling on 235/75r15 mounted on stock chrome wheels which are 15x6

I’m planning on installing the OME 2” lift kit and getting some 33x9.50-17 tires mounted on some 17x9 wheels

I’ve been looking online and everyone runs a wider tire on a narrower wheel and I was wondering why that is …

to me, the 9.5” tire on a 9” wheel makes perfect sense since the sidewalls aren’t stretched out but I’ve been thinking that the stretched sidewalls helps in off-roading situations where the tires are deflated

so before I pull the trigger and buy the 9” wheels can someone please explain the benefits of running a narrower wheel with a wider tire

Thanks

Here you go sir:

Plus some yahoo started this thread which might be worth a read:

I ride pretty skinny tires and I find the steering is better. Plus all the reasons mentioned in the links above.

check on the tire manufacture site, they will give you a min and max rim width for a given tire size. why not just keep the 15 rim, more sidewall is going to be better off road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom