tire wear alignment question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed 4 new tires on 99 LC they are AT's, 600 miles on new set 3 are wearing even and the one on the passenger side rear is starting a saw tooth pattern on the very outer edge. must be alignment? Is the LC 4 wheel alignment? If so does anyone know the correct alignment spec's for a 99? Would like to know so when I take it in Friday I can give them the correct spec's. If not alignment what do you think could be causing this problem?
Thanks

Thanks for the response, took it in and the front alignment was a little off so had it aligned. Swapped the rears left to right and put the pressure up to 40 psi all around. Just have to watch it and see now if the new tire on the rear passenger side feathers. Looked for any damage and the bottom is clean, matter of fact since it was a AZ LC it looks new and looks like it was never off road. hope its just a defective tire. If it is they said they would replace it.

I am starting to see the same problem on my 2000 LC with about 78k on it. I thought the problem might have been a tire balance issue or a shock problem so I just recently had the tires balanced and rotated. I think I am starting to get the same wave on the tire I just rotated too. This is also on the passenger rear of my vehicle. I think I might rotate again and if I see the problem occur on the next tire I will probably go with shocks.

I rotated and the problem disappeared. I think i just had a bad tire. The local tire guy replaced it and they are all wearing perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom