Tire sizes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to see if anyone has put on BFG285/70/r17's. I want to get that size but if not I will just gowith a 265/70/r17. It seems that the GY MTR seem to fit with out a lift so just wanted to see if the BFG fit with out a lift too.

Last edited:
I heard... heard.. that the BFG 285 ATs fit.. but the BFG MTs don't fit because of their aggresive thread....

i have the 285/70/17 bfg ats and they work fine. couple of tiny rubs at first when articulating and turning at same time, but it was just on the rubber over the body mount in the front wheel wells and doesn't rub any more. I will eventually trim the body mounts so I can run tire chains. But right now they great. Didn't think I would see snow again this year but got 10" today.

I'm running the 285/70/17 BFG MT's. They rub occasionally turning into steep driveways while turning I have not had any problem with rubbing during off road articulation.

How was the FJ in the snow? (do you run AT or all wheel drive MT)?

I put Goodyear wrangler silent armour 275's on mine, they DO NOT rub, but get very close to the plastic fender liner bump.

They are as quiet as the stock tires! and great offroad performance,
Lookout BFG!!

MA

SurfPonto said:
Do they make a 275 MT that would fit or is that one of those weird sizes?

Bob

The Goodyear MTR comes in a 275

Kathie

285s should fit based on I put Nitto Terra Grapplers, 295 70 17 on my FJ yesterday....rub slightly on rubber cover of frame when turning with body roll or entering driveway.

Going to check about trimming the frame where it sticks out if this does not cause issues as not sure I can afford the lift now and may need to wait 2-3 months.

Love tires though...and definately makes FJ look better.

BFG AT 285/70/17 pics

What a difference ...
newBFGs.jpg

I do run Cooper Discoverer ATR in 285/75/17 (winter and highway)
60878_1576715666669_1498929668_1418737_2348551_n.jpg

and I have a set of 285/75/16 BFG MT from my 80series wich I do use for offroading

I put 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Graplers on this morning. They fit good, but I do have an OME lift on my truck. Will try and get pictures later if wanted.

Dave

I'm running 285/70/17 KM2's with a 3" lift. Could have run w/o the lift but the FJ is so easy to lift and the cost is minimal.
027.jpg

I'm running 285/70/17 KM2's with a 3" lift. Could have run w/o the lift but the FJ is so easy to lift and the cost is minimal.

Yea, I wanted to do a 3" lift on ours, but the wife is only 5'5" and she uses the FJC as a kid wagon....so bigger tires is all it gets. I am fixing up a fj40 with 4" lift and 35's.

Yea, I wanted to do a 3" lift on ours, but the wife is only 5'5" and she uses the FJC as a kid wagon....so bigger tires is all it gets. I am fixing up a fj40 with 4" lift and 35's.

Sweet man. The FJ in the pic is my wife's DD and this is our KID Wagon as well. She is only 5"4", but she is used to driving lifted vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom