Tire selection 285 75 R16 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to swap my aging cooper tires, found only Marshal (kumoho) AT51, Pirelli scorpion MTR and a chinese brand crosswind ling long AT. Not sure which to get wehave a big shortage in See Egypt so still looking for other brands.

Looking to swap my aging cooper tires, found only Marshal (kumoho) AT51, Pirelli scorpion MTR and a chinese brand crosswind ling long AT. Not sure which to get wehave a big shortage in See Egypt so still looking for other brands.
Just to add some context, its mostly used for desert and duning. I do have to travel in road first though.
Usually little rain but no ice.

Its not a daily driver so offroad perfonce first

At bottom is a link (hopefully it works) to a broad selection of 285/75/16 tires available in US filtered to All-Terrain tires...the Goodyear Duratracs, Cooper ST Maxx, Koyos, BF, Mickey's are all common tires you'll read about on here...I'd suggest seeing what you can source, run them thru an 80s forum search, and see what feedback you see - along with any online reviews.

Maybe a UAE tire shop can get you what you need if you're seeing limited supply in Egypt - I mention UAE because www.Partsouq.com is a good source for parts, maybe there is an equivalent for tires you can buy from and not break the bank on shipping.

I love my Kumho 285/75R16 Kumho Road Venture MTs. They’ve work great for me in sand, mud, snow, and rocks, and they’ve worn well on the highway. A little noisy, but not bad at all.

Thank for the great input, Egypt is currently facing a lot of issues mainly in currency devaluation and thus the government is minimising imports specially tires for some reason.

After a lot of looking i managed to find Kumho road ventura AT (not MT) and installed them.

Smaller than what i had previously but far more civil ride. The old tires had become to firm and ride comfort was horrible (not to mention sound).

Old vs new tires.

20230130_200956.jpg

20230130_201005.jpg

At bottom is a link (hopefully it works) to a broad selection of 285/75/16 tires available in US filtered to All-Terrain tires...the Goodyear Duratracs, Cooper ST Maxx, Koyos, BF, Mickey's are all common tires you'll read about on here...I'd suggest seeing what you can source, run them thru an 80s forum search, and see what feedback you see - along with any online reviews.

Maybe a UAE tire shop can get you what you need if you're seeing limited supply in Egypt - I mention UAE because www.Partsouq.com is a good source for parts, maybe there is an equivalent for tires you can buy from and not break the bank on shipping.

1675325743263.png

It didnt :D

I run 285/75r16. AT not MT. Currently cooper AT-3's but when I replace them I'll probably get Bridgestone D697's.

I run 285/75r16. AT not MT. Currently cooper AT-3's but when I replace them I'll probably get Bridgestone D697's.
Yah Original tires where Cooper 285/75/R16, Changed now to 275/70/R16.

It's much better on road, but I think I will lose some performance on the sand due to the lower clearance and smaller foot print when I deflate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom