Tire Pressure Management System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple of months ago, I got stuck in some mud. I ended up vigorously washing around the wheel wells to get the mud off. A month ago, I got a "Check Tire Pressure Management System" error. The dealer worked on it and assumed I had some sort of leak. Whatever they did fixed it. The error just popped up again. Any suggestions on what I could check? I suspect it's a bad/corroded connector, etc. No tire pressure alarms, it just started again randomly when I cranked the truck. I did was the car yesterday.

A couple of months ago, I got stuck in some mud. I ended up vigorously washing around the wheel wells to get the mud off. A month ago, I got a "Check Tire Pressure Management System" error. The dealer worked on it and assumed I had some sort of leak. Whatever they did fixed it. The error just popped up again. Any suggestions on what I could check? I suspect it's a bad/corroded connector, etc. No tire pressure alarms, it just started again randomly when I cranked the truck. I did was the car yesterday.
I meant I did wash the truck yesterday. That's got to be the common denominator.

I don't see how washing or mud would impact the sensor unless the valve stem is somehow damaged. The sensor and its battery are inside the wheel. Does your center display show which wheel sensor is the culprit/acting up?

Oem sensors generally last anywhere from 5-10 years. My 2013 cruiser which i bought used a couple years ago already had aftermatket sensors in a couole of the wheels and they failed while the oem sensors were still working. Could be a bad / dead battery in one of the 5 sensros.

You could try disconnecting your battery and letting it sit for a few min and see if that gets things to start working again after reconnecting the battery.

When I checked it the next day, the warning was gone. All 5 tires (including the spare) report as normal. I suspect there is a wiring harness that may be loose, etc. It isn't the wheel sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom