Tire Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any experience taking their RHD land cruiser to Costco, Discount Tire or any other name brand tire stores in the US? I know some shops will not work on grey market, RHD or specialty vehicles for liability reasons.

My truck is still on the boat from Japan but the stock tires from the photos are in rough shape (265/70 R17).

BK584879_8346c1.jpeg

Man that's a rough looking tire... Don't have anything to add but signing on for the other comments. I had planned on just taking it to my local tire shop. Hadn't crossed my mind that they wouldn't touch it, but that sounds like something that would happen...

call before you head over to the shop to save a trip. personally ive never worked at a shop that wouldnt work on rhd or specialty stuff. with the grey market vehicle parts may become difficult to order so i would be prepared to work on finding parts yourself

Quick update - Ended up ordering tires from Walmart.com and got them in two days for a killer deal. Thanks, @apexwerks for the recommendation!

I took them over to Discount Tire and had them installed with no issues. They were a bit confused when they saw the steering wheel on the right-hand side.

IMG_1125.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom