Tire and wheel size help- 1992 75 series troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked and searched the many different threads on here about wheel and tire size and I am more lost than when I started. I want to update my wheels and tires. What is the size, offset, and backspace and whatnot that I should be looking for in a wheel? For instance would this wheel work (MR150 TRAILITE - Motegi Racing - https://www.motegiracing.com/product/wheels/mr150-trailite/?attribute_pa_finish=matte-bronze&attribute_pa_bolt-pattern=6x139-70&attribute_pa_wheel-diameter=17&attribute_pa_wheel-width=8-5&attribute_pa_wheel-offset=18mm&attribute_pa_short-finish=black&attribute_pa_wheel-size=17-x-8-5&attribute_pa_brand=motegi-racing&attribute_pa_material=cast-aluminum)? Looking for a bronze style wheel that is pretty basic.

The size and width is up to you and your tire choice, 8 is wide unless your going to run the wider tires.

The numbers your looking for will be 3.5" backspace, 4" will also work but less than ideal, off-set would depend on the wheel width, 6" would be 0.

You want a 4" center bore, most aftermarket rims will show 4.2".

Stud size is 6 on 5.5 or 139.7mm

Good luck, I've been looking for suitable rims for a while and they are hard to locate with the correct backspacing.

What are you running now? I might be interested if you'll be selling them.

I believe the CB is 106mm.

Anyways 3.25", 3.5" and 3.75" are all good BS non-spacer options. When you get into 4" BS non-spacer, then there is possible rub on the rear tires with the wheel wells. It depends on your lift and tire size at that point.

Past 4" BS, then you pretty much need spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom