Timing belt skipped on me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your blowby in the video looks normal and there is no reason for concern there.

I've ordered a gasket set since the engine is leaking oil from everywhere, including the head gasket. So I'll be pulling the head off anyways, if the valves look bad then I'll take it to the machine shop. Just going off the video, should I pull the bottom end and replace the rings? It's a big job and I'd rather only do it if I absolutely have to. I will be pulling the diff down and pulling the pan though to weld an oil return bung for the turbo setup, can I do rings with the block still bolted in?

K trucks been driving fine, although the fuel mileage has been pretty bad ever since the incident. Used to get about 200km/quarter tank, now I’ve only driven 140km/quarter tank. I’ve also noticed sometimes the truck will do fine up a certain hill by my house, it’ll accelerate nicely in 3rd and hold 50km/h, and sometimes it’ll struggle and bog in 3rd and it’ll go up around 40km/h. Not a big difference, but it’s noticeable. I don’t know if it’s just sometimes I get a bad run up or not. I haven’t noticed any puddles of diesel under the truck but the injector pump is leaking slightly. I’m gonna do a leak down test soon, hopefully that’ll give me some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom